PDA

View Full Version : Florida - BizJet Advice

VFR Transit
12th Jan 2016, 22:03
Hi All,

I am in Orlando Florida on 21/1/16 for a few days, I am a long time lover or Bizjets and as a Private Pilot am also interested in the front end also.

I have been searching in vain at empty leg sites and trawling through Google to see if there is such a thing as experience flights in one.

I'm not to worried about flying up front, but would love to visit and see one in person (never seen one up close) maybe have a sit in one etc.

Of course and owner / operator on here would be nice. i just want to experience the bizjet world.

can one of our season jet jockeys help out with advice on where i could visit one (Cessna would be nice CJ etc) or even get a flight in one as an empty leg (all the sites don't help much)

Thanks and Take Care
VFR

space-shuttle-driver
13th Jan 2016, 06:57
All I can suggest you is to walk into some FBO and talk to some pilot if he wants so show you his ship. You'll find many bored pilots in the FBO's snooze room. Fort Lauderdale Executive is a good place.
You're from Marseille, France, do the same down there at the 'aviation générale'. Make yourself some acquaintances, and you may get lucky. As far as I am concerned, I always try to support aviation enthusiasts as much as I can (that makes one person less to complain about aircraft noise), and I'm happy to take you on an empty leg (doesn't mean that the company behind me will support this) but you need to convince that you are not from this Middle East organisation mainly involved in cutting throats and burning pilots. Your main enemy in this project of yours will be safety concerns.

VFR Transit
13th Jan 2016, 08:55
Thanks Space Shuttle Driver.

I would like to think I am none of the ones your say :8

As i said in my OP, I am a qualified pilot myself, all be it on fixed wing piston aircraft.

I am going to an FBO at Orlando Exec anyway as I'm renting a C172 for a bit of flying, I will ask around there and see if they can offer some advice.

Thanks
VFR

PLovett
13th Jan 2016, 10:54
Just as a suggestion. If invited to look into a private corp jet, limit yourself to looking at the cockpit. Obviously I'm talking about a Gulfstream, Global, Falcon class here, not a CJ 2 or something. The area down the back I would regard as private and off limits.