PDA

View Full Version : BA Exec Club Card

fred737
12th Jan 2016, 14:17
I have just been told that I have been upgraded to a Silver Card Holder. How long does the card take to arrive by post?

Captivep
12th Jan 2016, 14:58
A few weeks, in my experience. But you can start using the privileges straight away anyway.

ExXB
12th Jan 2016, 15:31
But beware the lounge dragons ...

md 600 driver
12th Jan 2016, 18:49
i think you will find you can print one off now on the ba exec club website

fred737
13th Jan 2016, 05:00
Thanks md 600. I have now printed it.

cavortingcheetah
13th Jan 2016, 20:29
Some years ago I had a BA silver card which, then anyway, was a jolly nice thing to have. Then all of a sudden one day, a gold card popped through the letterbox and that surprised me because actually, I didn't use BA that much, terminal 3 being the rat hole it was. I rang the BA gold concierge service to make a celebratory gold booking only to be told that there had been a mistake and that I was only a silver cardie after all. I then wrote BA a very polite letter explaining to them that, as they had been kind enough to upgrade me at their discretion to a gold, then that is what I intended to stay for the relevant period of time, a year in those days, subject to flights made. BA weren't happy about that but were good enough to let it ride out the year. Now I fear I have no BA card at all but then, I never fly the airline mainly because T5 just isn't the same as Schiphol and I have never forgiven them for those disgusting tails.
It transpired, in the literal sense of the word, that some slightly disgruntled employee, on exiting employment at the Executive Club, had dolled out an exchange of thousands of gold cards to holders of the much more humble silver ones.
You may meet, from time to time in the lounges, a pretty squalid sort of character, the civil servant, US diplomatic passport holder, business employee or whatever who is travelling on what is basically your buck ($), drinking too much and behaving badly in a noisy sort of fashion. I always find that it helps to approach them rather diffidently and ask for their company or headquarter address. That information is usually forthcoming because it aids the hubristic moment enhanced by your doffing of the figurative cap. Whether you tell the irritating blighters what you're going to do next is up to you. It all depends on your bloody nose sensory perception. However, a letter to the State Department or company HQ/CEO detailing the extraordinarily non company representative behaviour of the employees in so and such a lounge or travelling on this or that flight infuses one with a delightful sense of Schadenfreude that is quite as amusing as hurling cold pork pies from the chapel rooftops at bullies below in the school quadrangle.
So, good luck with your upgrade but do remember to behave yourself in the lounges. There are lizards about who can read and write without needing electricity to do so.