PDA

View Full Version : ASRF's

RAT Management
12th Jan 2016, 09:35
I fly with so many guys these days who all claim they are tired, fatigued or otherwise. Most end up taking controlled rest on all sorts of sectors. But no one puts in ASRF's! Hence at fleet forums they say there is no issue!

We are truly our own worst enemy.

How can these rosters change if there is no data to support it! If you take controlled rest ops A does not make it mandatory but its in your best interest to flag the pattern or the series of patterns that got you to that state in the first place.

Time to call things as they are, and stop taking the pineapple!

flyhardmo
12th Jan 2016, 11:30
Agree Rat. You should always file an ASR(F) if you use controlled rest or are generally fatigued. What I am wondering is if the fleet office's or CSD are just saying that they don't have enough data to change a pattern. Do we really know how many ASR(F)'s are filed and catalogued for a particular pattern. They control the information and tell us what they want us to hear. Might be worth the AOA getting in on this where we send an ASR(F) to the company and send a duplicate to the AOA to make sure the numbers the company gives us is the actual number submitted.

Adrift
12th Jan 2016, 21:54
When we got the briefing on the 2013 LOSA we were told that, based on observed controlled rest during the LOSA, the ASR(F) rate should be about 50/1000 sectors just for controlled rest. The total rate back then was 6.5/1000 sectors. The rate now is only about 10/1000 sectors, I'm told.

Lowkoon
13th Jan 2016, 01:26
Lack of a reporting culture is the biggest flag here, not just the nature of the reports. Nero fiddles... :hmm:

sirhcttarp
13th Jan 2016, 05:08
seeing as it's called an ASR - air SAFETY report...and seeing as controlled rest seems to be the norm and is written in manuals as part of the operation.

Why doesn't the AOA have an online form people fill out if controlled rest is NOT used and maximum air SAFETY was achieved...and therefore worthy of a report!

They can then counter the corporate safety reports with their own concrete data!

If the company wants to rely solely on data... Two can play that game!