PDA

View Full Version : EK increases bond form 3 to 5 years?

SnowPilot
12th Jan 2016, 00:31
Hi I can't find it and I've done a search. Has EK increased the pilot bond from 3 to 5 years?

Thanks for the info.

Emma Royds
12th Jan 2016, 00:36
The bond is now five years and I can't remember when they changed it but it must be a little while ago now (circa a couple of years?).

updown
12th Jan 2016, 01:51
5 years $42K USD, pro-rata

SnowPilot
12th Jan 2016, 02:44
Thanks guys. I did some research but couldn't find confirmation.

They are going to have a problem finding guys from the states with all that's going on.

Good luck all.

go46ball
12th Jan 2016, 03:12
With all the problems that EK has....why would anyone from the states come here, or any where for that matter.

Toledo
12th Jan 2016, 04:57
It should also be noted that the bond applies even if you are already type-rated, FO & DEC.

EK obviously see the bond as a mechanism to keep people. They don't seem to realise that a five year, $45,000 bond might stop people joining in the first place.

You could always hide the fact and hope that the first thing new joiners know about it is when the bond is the first piece of paper shoved under their nose on day one - after they've left their previous airline of course!

Eau de Boeing
12th Jan 2016, 05:39
Sssshhh don't give them ideas!

Dropp the Pilot
12th Jan 2016, 08:19
In other words, it is not a bond.

I may have said this before.

SnowPilot
12th Jan 2016, 12:48
I thought the 3 year bond was odd because if the company is good enough the bond shouldn't be an issue people are going to stay.

5 years is just unrealistic.

fatbus
12th Jan 2016, 15:57
The pro rated bond has been around at least 14+ years , nothing new.

SnowPilot
12th Jan 2016, 16:21
Which is fine but extending it from 3 to 5 years just shows they are trying to indentured pilots versus increasing QOL.

fatbus
13th Jan 2016, 03:08
The last thing they care about is your QOL. Upgrades are @5 years compared to @3 years a few years back , could have something to do with the bond . Keep you the upgrade is in sight . Who knows and for most who cares. Don't come here for a TR you will hate it.

SnowPilot
13th Jan 2016, 14:50
I've got an interview soon so I'm really going back and forth on whether to even go or not. It would be nice to have a paid trip to dubai for the interview but is it really worth it.....

Still struggling with the decision. Besides I have to brush up on my long division. LOL

ironbutt57
13th Jan 2016, 16:38
free trip to Dubai could never hurt...escape the Maine winter for a bit..

Callsign Kilo
13th Jan 2016, 22:57
Business class in a shiney triple, wined and dined; entertained. Big sparkly HQ, much activity around the Costa. Heavily groomed ex pat blondes; those in traditional dress, attached to several mobile devices.
Off again, christ the heat, chauffeured Volvo, chauffeured eratically; not much English.
Sat a few tests, simed the John Deer; TRE was his own number one fan. Another day, medical centre, staged smiles; odd interview with even odder people.
Went home, even shinier triple; more wine. Good movies. Crew ushered me up to the pointy end after landing. My sanity was questioned. Hello Tomorrow. Goodbye Dubai.

sluggums
14th Jan 2016, 01:03
Call sign Kilo, brilliant...!

Got the sandpit in one!:ok:

nakbin330
14th Jan 2016, 05:56
Spot on Kilo!

Fire Ball XL5
14th Jan 2016, 07:57
Kilo... Great post! Spot on mate!! Hope many will listen! (Though the "shiny flame of EK metal" will continue to attract moths from across the globe)... Downward spiral continues.....