PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing a flight academy in Spain for ATPL

Geodex
10th Jan 2016, 20:45
Hello guys,

I am interested in starting an integrated ATPL this summer in a school down in Spain.

So far I have been able to shortlist Aerolink in Sabadell, Barcelona and Fly in Spain in Jerez.

I didn't go for the obvious one FTE because of cost involved in the whole integrated.

If anyone has any personal info on either Aerolink or FIS this will make my decision making very easy. Thanks :ok:

mavisbacon
12th Jan 2016, 17:52
Have a look at Flyby school in Leon. Good price, and excellent facilities. They have a tie up with the university for the ATPL ground school via Bristol, and use the University facilities. Best of luck.

Geodex
12th Jan 2016, 22:02
Wow this is very impressive. :ok:

Never heard of them. Thanks a lot I sent them an email and possibly I will book a visit there to see what they have to offer.

dinoorin
15th Jan 2016, 09:40
Why Spain? Plenty of other options in equally good climate regions

Geodex
15th Jan 2016, 10:16
What other options are available with good climate, good facilities, good reviews and most importantly cost?

GingerFI
15th Jan 2016, 11:09
There are many options around Europe and of course the rest of the world. Be careful with your most important criteria being cost. Although the gold plated schools charging a fortune seem expensive, there may be a good reason that they are so much more expensive. I'm not all for integrated schools who are charging this, that type of course works for some and not others. Nor am I willing to enter a discussion on modular vs integrated.

However ask yourself, if you were buying a car would you only buy the cheapest? No, because it would probably be unreliable or not as advertised. Its the same with flight schools. Cheap and good value are in 99% of cases mutually exclusive. Shop around, speak to ex students (easier than it seems in this day and age where flight schools normally have facebook pages with students appearing on them for first solo/cpl/ir or whatever, and message those students asking about their experiences). Also go and visit the school, meet the instructors, write a list of questions and ask them, try to speak to students who are hanging around out of ear shot of management/sales/staff and get their true opinions. Trust your instincts on the attitude of the staff and the atmosphere of the school. Never pick the cheapest option (it's cheap for a reason).

Remember one school, course, place etc does not fit all and every single school will have students who feel aggrieved over their course or the way they were treated. A lot of the time at decent schools the students who struggle and moan are the ones who don't turn up, don't work hard enough and fail tests. So try and get several opinions from ex or current students not just be put off by one persons report.

And once again, please don't differentiate on cost alone, otherwise you will end up as yet another poorly trained pilot, trained solely to fly to pass a test in the job market in a hell of a lot of debt.

Remember cost is relative, if you pay lots more but get a job 6 months or a year quicker then that price difference quickly diminishes with the extra earnings. An expensive course does not guarantee a job but good training will stand you with much better chances of passing an interview or sim check if it comes up.

CL215
16th Jan 2016, 11:24
Take into account PANAMEDIA.

Good price, and the most important thing, really good training.
They have high quality standards to give to us (the students) the best training.

Attila Horvath
16th Jun 2016, 10:57
Hello guys!

Somebody can give me any information from Panamedia Mallorca and One air flight school Málaga?

Tank you in advance!

mackoi
16th Jun 2016, 14:33
What about Barcelona Flight School (Barcelona Flight School | Professional Flight Training (http://www.barcelonaflightschool.com/)) or Adventia?

EC DKN
16th Jun 2016, 19:21
I did my PPL in Barcelona Flight School, I am still a membership (Aeroclub Barcelona - Sabadell). Now I am studying ATPLs with Bristol Groundschool and I based my decision in quality instead of price. You can do your PPL in Barcelona and then go to a high quality school like Professinal Air Training (Bournemouth), Airways Flight Training (Exeter) or Bartolini Air! You can train modular with a very good standards of training with half a cost and include a FI rating. Obviously all the school will said to you that you can not train in diferente countries but they are lying! From all of the above, the most important thing is to decide which country you want as a State of Licence Issue because remember that the country that hold your medical is the country which has to issue you the licence which means that if u have Spanish PPL with an EASA class 1 and 2 medical and then you want a UK licence u will have to convert it (and its ... Process, I did it)!

Cheers!

mikael777uae
18th May 2017, 17:32
hey man! I'm planning to go for 0-ATPL, integrated and mod have adv and dissadvantages. Integer being easier and organized and modular longer(hard on motivation) but cheaper, I've researched so many school and my brain is burning already, never had such an anxiety like now, even the money a borrowed, paying interest already but can't decide. It seems that you're well into it, can you please give me some advices. As for me Barcelona school looks quite professional and big(commercial) but u still say the quality is so so, as you left to UK ( but in there everything is so expensive, I will not have enough money) All around I have 80-85k and there will be no other support from anywhere. Please help

ilhan
3rd Oct 2017, 21:14
Hello everyone, i decide to be a pilot and firstly i contacted with fly bai (flybyschool) in spain. Im so new in this sector, im planning get 0-ATPL easa. There are many company and many ideas, thats make me nervous, but i found you . i got some price from companies? Can i share it with you? And you can help me directly please. There is anyone took training atpl in flybai?

ilhan
4th Oct 2017, 14:02
Flyinspain is cheaper than some spain schools. They offer me 46500€ integrated 0-ATPL with cpl.

hey man! I'm planning to go for 0-ATPL, integrated and mod have adv and dissadvantages. Integer being easier and organized and modular longer(hard on motivation) but cheaper, I've researched so many school and my brain is burning already, never had such an anxiety like now, even the money a borrowed, paying interest already but can't decide. It seems that you're well into it, can you please give me some advices. As for me Barcelona school looks quite professional and big(commercial) but u still say the quality is so so, as you left to UK ( but in there everything is so expensive, I will not have enough money) All around I have 80-85k and there will be no other support from anywhere. Please help

PPRuNeUser0200
19th Oct 2017, 20:18
I had to make a new account to post this comment.

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, do NOT go to 2fly Aerodynamics in Malaga.

Me and some other students who have been pretty much outright SCAMMED by them are tying to find a way to expose their doings and to make sure that any potential student is well aware of our opinion before joining them, can someone offer any advice on how we could go about achieving this?

This is not just a disgruntled student speaking, we are a bunch of guys who spent our life savings to get this training only to be met with just about the worst quality service imaginable.

We are all going to write fair and unbiased accounts of things that have happened to us at this school, but if you have any advice on how we could spread this info more efficiently than creating a thread on here, contact me at [email protected]

sjose
25th May 2018, 15:03
Flyinspain is cheaper than some spain schools. They offer me 46500€ integrated 0-ATPL with cpl.

Hi There,
Have you gone with Flyinspain in the end? Could you please let me know what did you do in the end?

mcchow
31st Jul 2018, 19:41
Hey I seriously do not recommend Barcelona flight school.Everything about it is just wrong and terrible.You get a head of training that doesnt want the job and acts as if you owe her a million bucks.Flight schedule and progression isnt planned for you.If you do not insists on your flights,they will leave you aside and will not bother about you.I am into my IFR phase and at the later stages of my course,the school has no priority on my training,when asking for flight hours its like a huge favour and its probably more like begging. Besides,ground school is as bad as it is,quality of instrcutorsis just not there,some of them cant even speak fluent english and in some classes the teachers dont even teach.Please dont waste your time here,take this advice seriously and dont regret.

essouira
19th Oct 2018, 19:10
This post is, as you say, from a brand new account. Why could you not post from your existing account ?
It would help us to accredit your comment. Thanks

I had to make a new account to post this comment.

Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, do NOT go to 2fly Aerodynamics in Malaga.

Me and some other students who have been pretty much outright SCAMMED by them are tying to find a way to expose their doings and to make sure that any potential student is well aware of our opinion before joining them, can someone offer any advice on how we could go about achieving this?

This is not just a disgruntled student speaking, we are a bunch of guys who spent our life savings to get this training only to be met with just about the worst quality service imaginable.

We are all going to write fair and unbiased accounts of things that have happened to us at this school, but if you have any advice on how we could spread this info more efficiently than creating a thread on here, contact me at [email protected]

BehindBlueEyes
20th Oct 2018, 08:52
https://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/606584-aerodynamics-2fly-ground-school.html

Looks like there has been a previous discussion on this topic.