PDA

View Full Version : Advanced COMPASS (Emirates CAE assessment )

manankinariwala
10th Jan 2016, 18:58
Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help ASAP :ugh:. I have a interview coming up in 10 days with emirates CAE for the flydubai cadet program . Please recommend me few Advanced COMPASS tests online. I have looked at few like pilotaptitudetest.com and skytest . latestpilotjobs.com looks a bit unreal.(not sure if i can trust that)

*Which is the best way to prepare ?
*confused about modules that comes in real exams.
*tips to nail the tests
*industry standard modules ?
*difference between COMPASS and ADVANCED COMPASS tests.
*types of ATPL questions asked .(eg:General , Plates , etc)

would really appreciate any kind of help . thank you in advance .:sad:

samuclem
11th Jan 2016, 08:16
I think you'll find everything on latestpilotjobs

Sallytraffic
11th Jan 2016, 17:05
Another yes for latestpilotjobs, good info, lots of it. I find theres a bit too much on sky test with not enough guidance as to which tests are currently being used.
Good luck

Aluminium shuffler
12th Jan 2016, 13:52
Forget the online practice sites; they're a rip off. You can either pass the tests or you can't, and decent candidates will pass without any kind of practice. The best preparation is to polish your shoes, clean your suit and make sure you have all the documents they asked for. Then try to get some rest to be sharp. The interview questions are nothing unusual, though they ask for examples of when you have done something rather than hypothetical what if questions, so make a list of problems you have faced and how you dealt with them (you will be asked for a lot of detail).

flofly
22nd Jan 2016, 15:42
How was your assessment Manankinariwala ?
Do you have a group exercise during the selection or only personnel interview ?

Do you have a kind of ratio ? (how many come to the interview and how many are selected ?)

Thanks guys !

RexBanner
24th Jan 2016, 09:00
Aliminium Shuffler that is complete nonsense. Practice is enormously helpful, that's like the people in football who say it's pointless practicing penalties because you can't recreate the pressure of a real match scenario. Fact is if you practice enough that it becomes a motor skill then the effect of pressure becomes drastically less.

Many people I know passed the BA crosshairs and number sequence test after practice because it soaks up so much capacity if you're having to think about your every movement of the joystick with FD's moving in the reverse sense. Once you make that become a motor skill your brain is totally freed up to concentrate on the number sequence.

Can't/shouldn't practice? Absolute nonsense, folks.

SpamCanDriver
24th Jan 2016, 09:52
Couldn't agree with you more RexBanner

I know I definitely wouldn't of passed the interview section of the BA assessment if I didn't have samples of the "give me an example of when questions" that they ask. That allowed me to prepare lots of examples in advance that I could tailor to answer the exact questions they asked in the manner they require. I still found it difficult with my advanced preparation

As for the practice compass type tests I was ok at them, but to say practicing didn't improve my performance on the day would be complete non-sense :=