PDA

View Full Version : Citation C12 Offside at Norwich 09 Jan 16

OUAQUKGF Ops
10th Jan 2016, 15:28
Departed for the grass during take-off run at Norwich last evening.

Referee blew his whistle and closed airport for approx four hours.

Passengers (Footballers) and crew unhurt.

JliderPilot
10th Jan 2016, 21:43
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35276635

Centreline Air Charter according to the Beeb

JliderPilot
10th Jan 2016, 21:45
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35276635

CJ2 from centreline Air Charter

Noiffsorbuts
10th Jan 2016, 22:01
Very odd .....
Cant think why that would happen unless it was a very late abort....
Anyone know anything more?

EDMJ
10th Jan 2016, 22:37
Operator's name contextually rather amusing - to be renamed Green Grass Air Charter now :E

uberwang
11th Jan 2016, 04:02
Dam you got there first EDMJ.

Above The Clouds
11th Jan 2016, 18:47
Very odd .....
Cant think why that would happen unless it was a very late abort...

Oh come on, lets think a bit.

Tyre blow out after aborted take-off due - engine loss, runway obstruction, loss of major system, bird strike, all below V1 its not rocket science :rolleyes:

Noiffsorbuts
12th Jan 2016, 07:55
Agree with some of those scenarios but not all....
In any event surely someone knows something here? Waiting for over a year for the AAIB to report while everyone remains zippo only serves to fuel speculation damaging to the operator. If, as occasionaly I do, I charter a private plane for my business then Id like to know what happened and why before using that company again.
This was potentialy a very serious incident.
If it was a blown tyre...fair enough..sh?t happens.

welkyboy
12th Jan 2016, 20:24
Norwich is an ex military airfield with a wider runway at the beginning, possibly the aircraft lined up using the left hand edge lighting thinking it was the centre line lighting, started take off run and suddenly when the runway reverts to its normal width, runs the left main on to the grass. Same thing happened to a Gulfstream at Biggin Hill last year.....

Journey Man
12th Jan 2016, 20:33
Whilst we're making guesses... Maybe they pressed "Y" and entered slew mode?!? I can comprehend speculating with limited information, but just randomly stating anything that could leads to a runway excursion... ...just seems pointless.

PrivtPilotRadarTech
12th Jan 2016, 23:41
EDMJ- quick thinking, lightning reflexes. I salute you.

Expressflight
13th Jan 2016, 08:02
welkyboy

I must admit that was my first thought and it has happened once before at NWI in a low visibility situation. On the day of this incident though vis would not have been a problem and it seems unlikely a professional crew would have made such an error in clear conditions.

fairflyer
14th Jan 2016, 07:33
Sounds just like Biggin GIII incident last year - no runway centreline lighting, don't have latest EASA runway markings and a large, broad fillet of tarmac at the start to one side which can be mistaken for one half of a runway in the dark

Musket90
14th Jan 2016, 18:24
According to UK AIP Norwich has runway centreline lighting.

EESDL
22nd Jan 2016, 08:02
Previously, if there was an incident (or a flactuating bird near the approach), NWI would close - completely forgetting that it would have numerous helicopters inbound on 'coastal' fuel (no diversion).
It looks like they now realise helicopters do not need a runway......

Pace
22nd Jan 2016, 10:16
Maybe he just got his foot stuck ?
Do we know the pilots shoe size ? ))

Not so stupid as an FO nearly took us off the runway landing with his size 12s

How I took control and stopped it don't know but it flatted the tread off one tyre

Pace