PDA

View Full Version : ILST + ATPL (RWL Flightacademy)

batmax
8th Jan 2016, 21:45
Hello guys,
I want to become a pilot since I was a small child and so I decided to make my ATPL in cooperation with the RWL Flightacademy. But in addition to my ATPL I want to study ILST in Bremen for 2 years. But I am not really sure, if it worth the 2 extra yaers? And so I wanted to know what you think about that topic ? Should I do my ATPL together with the ILST (Bachelor) or should I start only a ATPL ?

Greets :)

paco
9th Jan 2016, 05:05
Normally, a pilot does not necessarily need a degree, but since you are talking about Germany, pilots are not regarded as legitimate trades for the purposes of unemplyment bbenefits, etc, but you are if you have a degree. It may be something worth considering.

otherwise, I have never really regarded degrees as a reasonable backup. Much better to get a trade, such as electrician that you can pick up and drop off.

Phil

batmax
9th Jan 2016, 10:38
Thank you for the nice answer :) It is really hard to decide :uhoh:

Transsonic2000
10th Jan 2016, 13:30
It's always good to have a "Plan B". But I'd advise something which is not necessarily aviation related, it simply gives you a broader perspective of career opportunities instead of being limited to the aviation branch only.