PDA

View Full Version : Twin jet DEP Wellesbourne EGBW 8th Jan @ 15.15

Fishaman
8th Jan 2016, 15:57
I was in southern Coventry earlier today and noticed a twin jet climbing out due south from me, the only airfield in that direction and close prox is Wellesbourne, does anybody know what the aircraft was? It didn't show on PF on my phone, it must have used 36 and then turned to port quite hard to head S/SW. I would say it was EMB195 size, 737 at a push.

Wycombe
8th Jan 2016, 17:12
18/36 at Wellesbourne is only about 900m long from memory, so something of that size seems unlikely I would say. Whatever it was may not actually have landed, of course.

ifonly
8th Jan 2016, 17:30
It didn't show on PF on my phone, it must have used 36 and then turned to port quite hard to head S/SW

If it was heading S/SW why do you say it was from Wellesbourne - surely Birmingham would have been more likely?

Fishaman
8th Jan 2016, 18:57
From where I was in S Cov I first saw the aircraft in a climb as in an aircraft on take off, engine noise/note was loud too indicating a high amount of thrust was selected, it was directly South from my position whereas BHX is NW.
Very unusual I must admit hence the reason I have asked the question.

octavian
8th Jan 2016, 19:13
Given the current threats to the continued operation of Wellesbourne, I rather look forward to reports of a triangular shaped 4-jet departing for pastures new!

Fishaman
8th Jan 2016, 19:17
As beautiful as it would have been to see that stunning aircraft taking to the sky again it definitely wasn't her today :)

octavian
8th Jan 2016, 19:25
Not yet, but......

Who knows?

Dave Clarke Fife
9th Jan 2016, 05:01
[QUOTE=Fishaman;9232600 I would say it was EMB195 size, 737 at a push.[/QUOTE]

Can you say for sure that this aircraft you saw was configured with underwing mounted engines? The only regular jet aircraft ( there are of course occasional light jet/turbo-prop visitors) is a Cessna Citation (N575NR) belonging to Munster Joinery. This aircraft normally parks close to the end of runway 18 and usually departs of this same runway climbing towards the south west to join controlled airspace and working Brize initially. If the wind favoured 36 then a turn left towards the south west ( after the initial noise abatement turn to avoid Charlecote) would make sense.

The Vulcan made it in ( landed on 36 ) but has yet to make it out and I don't know if a 737 would make it in and out, or the Embraer for that matter. I'll let a Boeing/Embraer performance guru quantify that one

DaveReidUK
9th Jan 2016, 06:58
The only regular jet aircraft (there are of course occasional light jet/turbo-prop visitors) is a Cessna Citation (N575NR) belonging to Munster Joinery.

I believe that the owners have now replaced the C56X with a Phenom 300, N272NR, in the same red/white scheme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT7jnWNnzeA

Dave Clarke Fife
9th Jan 2016, 07:07
Thanks for the update........I was last at Wellesbourne Mountford in 2014 and the citation was a regular feature.

ifonly
9th Jan 2016, 07:36
it was directly South from my position whereas BHX is NE

Then you certainly weren't in south Coventry !

Fishaman
9th Jan 2016, 08:39
Sorry - NW, its been a long week!