PDA

View Full Version : is there anybody knows the answer?my question is about MEL

MBluesky
7th Jan 2016, 12:51
The minimum equipment list is found in the.

a) Flight manual.

b) Maintenance manual.

c) Maintenance schedule.

Wodrick
7th Jan 2016, 17:40
It is not a maintenance document, it is for pilots so the answer is ,........

FlightDetent
7th Jan 2016, 22:49
It is a compulsory segment of Operations Manual - part B (EASA rules).:ok:

TURIN
7th Jan 2016, 22:53
It is not a maintenance document, it is for pilots so the answer is ,........

On the line it's THE maintenance document.😁

Wodrick
8th Jan 2016, 08:10
Well true, but what I meant was it is not maintenance documentation. The fact that it can be a "maintenance bible" on the line does not answer the difficult question :hmm:

bcgallacher
8th Jan 2016, 17:47
Wodrick - The MEL is a separate publication normally located in the cockpit - it is not part of the Flt. Manual,Maint. Manual or Maint. Schedule. It is principaly a publication to enable maintenance to release an aircraft with an acceptable defect as listed in the company MEL - note that it is the company operating the aircraft that prepares the MEL and submits it to the relevant authority for approval.It is prepared with reference to the MMEL prepared by the aircraft manufacturer. Just for info - the MELs that I worked with when operating 747s were several inches thick. An MEL item will be entered in the Tech Log with all relevant details and MEL No and will be certified by an appropriately licenced technician then the operating crew will be given the logbook with the aircraft released.

Wodrick
8th Jan 2016, 17:57
The MEL is part of the Ops manual but as a distinct document, usually a fairly thick tome it is available for reference by anyone who has a copy.
I am fully aware of the procedures involved having spent my entire working life maintaining transport category aircraft or for the last ten years as a Maintrol engineer

yotty
11th Jan 2016, 09:48
To be fair the MEL is controlled by a committee that is heavily biased in numbers by Technical and Management Pilots. I believe it's extremely difficult for the engineering profession to get any revision. In BA that is!