PDA

View Full Version : Where to find work?

ndsart
6th Jan 2016, 03:41
I am currently in high school and taking flying lessons. My goal is to at least have my PPL by the time I graduate and then get my CPL right after. My goal, like many, is to become a bush pilot. I have done lots of research but still have a couple of questions.

1st. Will most of my competition have a degree or do I only need a CPL? Do I need to look into colleges or any post high school education?

2nd. From what I understand, you just show up and visit each of the companies and hope to land an interview. What I don't know is where to show up. I know Maun, Botswana is a major hub for bush pilots but what other cities are popular with bush pilots and good to find work?

Thanks!!!

ndsart
7th Jan 2016, 01:19
I live in America. So FAA. I currently have a student pilot's certificate and I am working towards my PPL. I plan on getting a CPL right after.

Thanks!

dr27
7th Jan 2016, 12:59
get your instructor's rating first and build some time.

Shake a tree and you'll get a dozen CLPs here

rmball
8th Jan 2016, 23:37
Build some hours. Bots currently requires 500 total time. Some EAS companies in the states will hire you at commercial mins, but be careful as there are some real rotten tomatoes still out there.

rmball
8th Jan 2016, 23:39
A lot of places are hiring in Tanzania as well.