PDA

View Full Version : W10 Password. Urgent help needed.

Loose rivets
4th Jan 2016, 17:57
Trying to tie my Android in with the PC (silly me) I gave up. In one question I very specifically said NONE to passwords.

To my horror, I find I now need my MS Password, a 10 digit pile of madness, to get into my own PC.

I do not want a password at all let alone that string that MS insisted upon.

Looking at forums has left me bewildered at how complex it might be.

Please can anyone help with a fairly simple procedure?

Loose rivets
4th Jan 2016, 18:46
At last, a succinct reply.

Run netplwiz (right click on Start) and un-tick the box. Apply.

Some folk have had to do it twice before it worked.

Phew!

Capot
5th Jan 2016, 14:52
I got caught by this; I bought a Microsoft phone (W8.1) which bullied me into creating an MS account for reasons I didn't quite follow, but it seemed harmless.

I had bought an Asus laptop with W10 a month or two before. The next time I tried to log in on it, I found I was locked out until I could find the scrap of paper I had noted the MS password on.

I called Microsoft "helpline" (ha, ha, ha) during this episode, it was some time before I realised that the moronic half-wit I was trying to explain the problem to was indeed a robot, and not just an MS geek who sounded like Stephen Hawking. I had wasted a lot of choice obscenities before I twigged.

Loose rivets
5th Jan 2016, 21:36
I use KeePass, without which I would have to be planted in fine soil and watered regularly.

Mind you, a day lost today mostly listening to Barclay's 'music' to resolve two, two-minute problems. Circa three hours of angst with the promise of a call back and a non-working Android Barclay's App. That's it.

A day to me now is about 6 hours . . . minus the snooze breaks.