PDA

View Full Version : Light aircraft crash at Parafield today

Desert Flower
3rd Jan 2016, 02:05
From the SA Police News page on FB:

Police and emergency services have responded to reports of a light aircraft incident at Parafield Airport this afternoon.
At 12.15pm, police received reports of a single engine plane landing on the runway on it’s belly. The Marchetti aircraft suffered damage to the undercarriage.
The pilot and only occupant was not injured.

Not sure, but rego could be ZKC.

DF.

skkm
3rd Jan 2016, 03:50
I believe it is ZKC. It stopped not far beyond the threshold of 21L.

Desert Flower
3rd Jan 2016, 04:15
I believe it is ZKC. It stopped not far beyond the threshold of 21L.

Thought so, it was the only one I could find that was Adelaide based. Word from a pilot friend is that it is owned by a heart surgeon & an orthopaedic surgeon, so money to fix it shouldn't be a problem!
I have a couple of photos of it, but no way of uploading them. Not much to see really except the aircraft on its nose, one cop car, one ambulance, & three or four fire engines!

DF.

Lead Balloon
3rd Jan 2016, 04:33
Perhaps the location was YPPF?

Desert Flower
3rd Jan 2016, 05:13
Perhaps the location was YPPF?

Er yes you're right -senior moment!! ;) Can't figure out how to change it though!

DF.

I changed it for two reasons: It was not the correct code; and we prefer to see airport names in full in thread titles.

Not every one that visits this site is an Australian resident commercial pilot familiar with all Australian airport codes!

Tail Wheel

Desert Flower
3rd Jan 2016, 06:39
From today's Adelaide Advertiser:

A PILOT has walked away from a crash landing at Parafield Airport, in Adelaide’s north.

Emergency services were called to the airfield around 12 noon with reports of an aircraft making an emergency landing.

Witness Paul Kelly was driving past when he noticed the front wheel was only partly down for landing instead of being fully retracted.

“I saw some bright sparks as the aircraft came down and landed on the air strip,’’ he said.“It wasn’t all the way locked (and) it slid for about 150m.

“He (the pilot) got out, he just looked at the aircraft and shook his head.’’

An Adelaide Airport spokesman confirmed the pilot was the only person on board the plane.

Pay close attention to the third paragraph! :ugh:

DF.

Lead Balloon
3rd Jan 2016, 07:52
Er yes you're right -senior moment!!If I had a dollar for each of those moments I've suffered! Many more of those moments than you I suspect. :O

I hope that you and yours have a safe and prosperous 2016, DF. I'm sure I'm far from alone in that wish.

Desert Flower
3rd Jan 2016, 11:42
I hope that you and yours have a safe and prosperous 2016, DF.

Thanks, & you too!

DF.

P.S. Why is it I can remember virtually everything from my refuelling days yet I can't remember what I walked into the room for a little while ago?! :{

On eyre
3rd Jan 2016, 21:35
DF
Someone did explain to me once about this memory conundrum business but I cannot for the life of me recall what it was lol. Happy new year.