PDA

View Full Version : 78 sqn (Falklands)

Catt
21st Jun 2002, 13:00
Hi

I'm looking to contact anyone who has any connection to the Falklands SeaKing crews (pretty sure it's a 78 sqn thing).

I'm currently in my gap year and bored out of my skull so I'd thought I'd try and get some more military chopper experience (I've already visited Valley - and if there are any C flt 22sqn guys or SARTU guys out there I owe you a very big thank you for helping me make my career choice!!)

I emailed the Falklands tourist people who said I'd have to get permission to visit (the base/station/airfield, not the islands!!) from England, but I have no idea who to contact here.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, thanks

ethereal entity
22nd Jun 2002, 16:36
78 Sqn...brilliant unit - enjoyed every second. Really! But why go for SAR in a cold place when Cyprus beckons...mate I saw recently is there and will sort you out I'm sure. Try 84 sqn at Akrotiri - I'll wager that they will do their best for you...they did for me.

Catt
23rd Jun 2002, 18:47
Thanks, will give them a go. I thought about the Falklands mainly because of the history but also because I'm not overly tolerant of extreme temperatures, which I've heard can occur in Cyprus!!!

But having said that, if there was a SAR flight in the Sahara desert offering me a ride I'd take it!!