PDA

View Full Version : First multicrew type rating

jc2013
31st Dec 2015, 07:33
Hi everybody,

I may have a job opportunity for an asian airline if I have my A320 type rating ( I have to finance it)
I ve contacted different TRTO and one of them told me that as it was my First multicrew type rating the training was different ( more expensive of course). The others TRTO told me that it was the same type rating for everyone. ( I have 5000h currently type rated B200 and 3200h ad crewmember)
If someone could confirm me what ils the true...
Thanks a lot

B737900er
31st Dec 2015, 16:59
A type rating is a Type rating depending on which license your putting it on.
On an EASA licence you will get a full type rating with no restrictions. On your FAA your licence you will have all kinds of restrictions such as SIC only, no circling approaches...etc.

If this is your first multi crew type rating you will need a valid Multi engine IR.
If your already flying multi-crew and it states this on your license then that IR will need to be valid,(its automatically renewed with the LPC).

Denti
31st Dec 2015, 17:20
Actually, EASA does know a differrence between a COP and PIC typerating as well. it depends on the local authority if that is the case. Make sure before the rating which one you will get and what are the requirements to get another type of rating.

For example, with a pure PIC rating you are resticted to left seat flying, only with additional documented training will you be allowed to fly from the right.

jc2013
1st Jan 2016, 08:54
Thanks for the information...

In fact one of the TRTO wants that I join one of their training within a few days. Their initial pre-requisites were valid CPL, class 1 medical and 500h on multi-crew aircrafts (jar 25). When I told them I had no jar 25 hours , they told me it wasn't important, it was just to avoid people with no experience at all, few times ago there were special type rating named "additional type rating" for people with more than 500h multicrew, but it doesn't exist anymore... So from what they said I can Join this training although I have not the official pre-requisites...
I checked the type rating examination form and it's true that they don't ask if it's a First type rating training or an additional one... They just ask a copy of MCC and Frozen ATPL if it's your First multi-crew type rating...
I'm really interesting by this TRTO as I would Start within a few days.
What do you think about it?

B737900er
2nd Jan 2016, 10:54
You only need a Multi engine IR and little as a PPL to get a type rating.
Having 500h on multi crew aircraft will exempt you from the base training part of the licence. The TR will be reduced to a ZFT course.