PDA

View Full Version : 737-800 max landing weight

framer
30th Dec 2015, 07:44
Are there operators of 737-800's who have max landing weights greater than 66360kg? Or is that the max that the -800 is certified for?
Cheers

Capt Quentin McHale
30th Dec 2015, 10:04
Possibly, if there are any operators out there with the old Aux fuel tank installed in the aft hold. I stand to be corrected though,

McHale. :)

Jwscud
30th Dec 2015, 10:04
Ours are only certified to 65317kg. Is this a paper change you get by paying money? If so, good to know.

Chesty Morgan
30th Dec 2015, 10:16
66360(.564) kg is max. but you have to pay for it.

We did buy some with the 66360 limit but restricted all of them to 65317 to ensure we stayed within approach cat. C speeds rather than a financial thing.

No Fly Zone
30th Dec 2015, 11:52
I guess I have to wonder about these 'certified' MTO weights. Is it really a paperwork (and fee) game, or are there a few physical differences. Using the numbers provided, the difference is ~~one ton, which is not seriously significant for this airplane, at least on most of the regularly use runways.
Sure, when one has to use shorter runways and/or on marginal conditions, every gram will count.
Where are the voices that thoroughly understand the weight and balance issues for this air frame? Boeing probably has performance data well beyond the official certification standards, but they don't publish most of it. As much as I dislike guessing and speculation, will ~one ton make a significant difference with an airplane of this size? :confused: