PDA

View Full Version : Professional Pay Review and CSR Rumours...

Ascoteer
23rd Dec 2015, 14:45
Fellow Aircrew,

Does anybody have any inside info on the 'flying pay' review and CSR? I believe it's to be announced in January, and hopefully with the hullabaloo being created over aircrew retention it will attract something to stop the multitudes of us (particularly of the multi engine pie munching variety) leaving for pastures new/better/better paid.

So far I have gleaned:

- Flying pay to be stopped for initial 6 year ROS with a lump sum payment at the end (~40k)

- Flying pay to be increased (cost to public purse ~10mil) across the board and to become a yearly increment vice 4 yearly.

- FRIs being considered, particularly for QFI cadre.

Any more for any more? It is a rumour network after all!

Ascoteer

:sad:

Just This Once...
23rd Dec 2015, 15:39
I've heard similar rumours, along with further 'flexibility' in ceasing or reducing professional payments. Whilst this may seem attractive to the bean-counters I fear a further reduction in pay security will not be a positive retention measure.

Bob Viking
23rd Dec 2015, 16:06
I have no idea if any of that is true but it's the sort of gossip that could give me an extra warm glow at Christmas. Especially as there may finally be a good reason to have spent all this time as a QFI.
BV:ok:

Rotate too late
23rd Dec 2015, 16:10
Orrrr.....leave, get an instant 20 grand a year pay rise doing a quarter of the work, paying into another pension and once the toxic has left your body, look back with fond memories.....works for me! :ok:

alfred_the_great
23rd Dec 2015, 17:49
Fellow Aircrew,

Does anybody have any inside info on the 'flying pay' review and CSR? I believe it's to be announced in January, and hopefully with the hullabaloo being created over aircrew retention it will attract something to stop the multitudes of us (particularly of the multi engine pie munching variety) leaving for pastures new/better/better paid.

So far I have gleaned:

- Flying pay to be stopped for initial 6 year ROS with a lump sum payment at the end (~40k)

- Flying pay to be increased (cost to public purse ~10mil) across the board and to become a yearly increment vice 4 yearly.

- FRIs being considered, particularly for QFI cadre.

Any more for any more? It is a rumour network after all!

Ascoteer

:sad:

The "no flying pay" for initial RoS is, I think, pretty nailed on. The current argument is "you joined to fly, not to get paid significantly more (initially)". And as we've heard on here more than once, there are more candidates than flying course spaces.

Ascoteer
23rd Dec 2015, 18:21
Orrrr.....leave, get an instant 20 grand a year pay rise doing a quarter of the work, paying into another pension and once the toxic has left your body, look back with fond memories.....works for me! :ok:

My finger hovers over the button, to be averted by the news in January of a 150k bonus, a 20k a year pay rise and my work cut by 75%....

:(

Willard Whyte
23rd Dec 2015, 18:45
The current argument is "you joined to fly, not to get paid significantly more (initially)"

Hmm, well all those years ago I joined to fly in order to get paid significantly more.

Courtney Mil
23rd Dec 2015, 20:54
All those years ago I joined to fly. In the Royal Air Force. Sorry to be so boring.

skaterboi
23rd Dec 2015, 20:56
Any rumours concerning changes for PAS in all this?

Uncle Ginsters
23rd Dec 2015, 21:12
Well, I like the sound of the US's "critical skills bonus":

http://m.military.com/daily-news/2015/12/16/air-force-offers-125k-critical-skills-bonus-to-drone-pilots.html

Ascoteer
25th Dec 2015, 13:48
All those years ago I joined to fly. In the Royal Air Force. Sorry to be so boring.

Cool! I guess you give all your pay to a worthy cause!

Ascoteer
25th Dec 2015, 13:49
Any rumours concerning changes for PAS in all this?

I've not heard anything other than the ROS being from acceptance rather than end of current commission. That might already be in place?