PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft MAintenance Software

KennyG
22nd Dec 2015, 23:04
Hi All
I'm currently looking at Aircraft Maintenance Software.
My company is currently with Sky Books, however, they are about to close it down.

They (Skybooks) have offered to migrate us to CAMP but I have recently been looking at AMS.

Does anyone out there have any experience with these products and can give a quick for and against?

Thanks
KennyG

Rigga
27th Dec 2015, 16:14
Hi Kenny,
I have gone through some 60 systems most of which are available if you Google "Aircraft Maintenance Software".
Advertised software systems cater for all sorts of budgets and complexity and even sole ownership requirements. Some are cloud based some need specific hardware. You have to completely understand your own needs before looking for something to match them.
I do have a favourite but it would not be fair to say what that is on this site (and I'm sure it would be classed as advertising).
So, specify what it is that you or your company require before going for a name you've heard someone say. There may be far cheaper alternatives to that name.

One other thing....there is no such thing as an easy software solution. They all take hard work and tenacity to install and get used to working with...

Best of luck
Rigga

Hasherucf
27th Dec 2015, 23:36
ended up making my own in Microsoft access. saves so much time , would like to migrate to a better language that is web enabled. seems a bit of a disconnect in what a maintenance organisation wants and how a programmer delivers it.

bluesafari
28th Dec 2015, 10:39
I have made a maintenance forecast in Excel, I'm only maintaining a single aircraft at the moment so I don't need anything too sophisticated. I made it up as I went along, but I'm afraid my Excel skills are very limited. Is there anybody who has done something similar? I seem to have a problem with (e.g.) adding hours and minutes above 9999:59 hours, I would like to have a couple of pointers if there is someone who is more of an expert at this bit obscure use of time in Excel. Any help would be appreciated !