PDA

View Full Version : The Times & the Sunday Times are no more....

Dubaian
22nd Dec 2015, 04:20
Or at least the Middle East editions printed in Dubai and available same day and at prices similar to UK levels appear to have gone from the news-stands and subscription deliveries.

Dear Subscriber,

Hope our email finds you well.

We regret to inform you that we will not be able to deliver “The Times” and “The Sunday Times” Middle East edition since it is no more printed in UAE due to unforeseen circumstances.

We will duly process a refund for your balance subscription period.

Thank you for taking this into consideration.text of email from Tawzea / AD Media. And sod's law says I'd renewed my annual sub just the day before and yes they've got 1999 AED from my credit card. Fingers crossed for a refund....

And of course the timesme website has nothing about this, and still offers subs but at the wrong price .... typical for this place. Something good and cheap bites the dust.
(Apologies for a non-aviation related post but thought some PPRuners might be interested / affected by this.)

BigGeordie
22nd Dec 2015, 04:37
It is still available as an ipad edition cheaply enough. Probably the way most people read it, which is probably why the print edition is no more.

Dubaian
22nd Dec 2015, 04:53
Thanks BG - but I'm old school and I like doing crosswords on real paper.

Eau de Boeing
22nd Dec 2015, 05:51
The crossword on the iPad edition is actually pretty good. Not the same as paper but easier to rectify when you mess it up!

Dubaian
23rd Dec 2015, 03:48
Signed up for the on-line stuff - but I print out the X-word.

Tenuous aviation link - I'm told EK CC used to offer them to 1st Class PAX. Now the poor souls will have to make do with the NYT or the Pink 'Un. Not the same.....

PS - The National has turned up on my doorstep this a.m. Better than nothing.