PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Airlines commencing services to PNG

Duck Pilot
22nd Dec 2015, 00:59
Stumbled over this interesting article.

Philippine Airlines launches PNG service | Radio New Zealand News (http://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/292682/philippine-airlines-launches-png-service)

training wheels
26th Dec 2015, 03:51
When was the last time Qantas flew to Port Morseby I wonder? I remember in the 70's, even one of the QF 707's was named 'City of Port Moreseby'. Nowadays, it seems like there's no interest for Australian carriers to fly there anymore, apart from Qlink.

Kiwiconehead
26th Dec 2015, 04:26
Nowadays, it seems like there's no interest for Australian carriers to fly there anymore, apart from Qlink.

Virgin fly BNE-POM pretty much daily, have done for years.

training wheels
26th Dec 2015, 05:03

Point noted ... thanks. I've been away from home far too long to keep up.

C441
28th Dec 2015, 03:19
When was the last time Qantas flew to Port Morseby I wonder?
My last POM return from Brissy in a 767 was in July 2001. If it had continued much longer than that I'd probably have done one as they were good commuter trips.:)

I did do a trip through POM in 2005 but that was an Air New Guinea replacement flight.

Qantaslink continued to operate to POM from Cairns for some time after that….probably still do.

Eastwest Loco
28th Dec 2015, 03:59
Correct C441

Qlink do it twice daily 5 days and once daily weekends. Q400s.

Pixie do it in a similar manner with F70s with their one only days on Wednesday and Thursday.

Best regards

EWL

waren9
28th Dec 2015, 05:16
Nowadays, it seems like there's no interest for Australian carriers to fly there anymore, apart from Qlink.

virgin is australian? :}