PDA

View Full Version : TalkTalk Offer

NRU74
18th Dec 2015, 18:10
Talk Talk subscribers will have recently received a 'free' email offer as a form of recompense for the recent cyber attack. One of the four main offers is a free upgrade to the 'anytime' landline boost.
I was already on this 'boost' (at £7-50 per month)!but enquired if I could cancel my boost and then apply for a free upgrade to the 'Anytime' boost.
Unsurprisingly this took ages and ages for the Indian lady in the call centre to get a decision from her supervisor, but, eventually, they agreed.
Result - a saving of £90 for the forthcoming year.
I'm not normally a fan of TalkTalk who are normally OK until something goes wrong, then they are an absolute can of worms, but this helps.

BigEndBob
26th Dec 2015, 18:05
I had a moan at TT when they were offering free new user broadband, having only six months earlier renewing (3rd year) and being told to pay top wack for the line rental and the broad band only package.
They came back with a 50% reduction offer on the broadband.
Having tried four times to get the package set up, they keep coming back with some excuse like the systems down, that dept. is closed, etc.
I just signed up for the free home phone boost.
Bet I start getting monthly bills!

vulcanised
26th Dec 2015, 19:41
I am wondering whether to go for the free call limited offer but I'm wondering whether this implies signing of a new contract.

Simplythebeast
26th Dec 2015, 19:50
Couldnt wait to leave those idiots behind after three years. Most frustrating 'support' department in the world!
Now with Plusnet and UK call centres.

ShyTorque
26th Dec 2015, 20:27
Couldnt wait to leave those idiots behind after three years. Most frustrating 'support' department in the world!

My son felt the same and also left. Difference was, he worked for them at the time. :rolleyes:

BigEndBob
27th Dec 2015, 18:47
Never had a problem with the service, other than the guy who turned up to connect my phone buzzed off leaving me with a 1-2mb service until I removed the bell wire on the phone socket.
Then went up to 6-8mb.

Lou Scannon
28th Dec 2015, 22:15
Having received my offers I tried to accept the free sim card for 12 months. Now as I already have a paid for Talk Talk mobile sim and they still sent me the offer I thought there would be no problem.

I finally admitted defeat after some hours on the 'phone being transferred around their system with each operator requiring all my details, then saying I couldn't have the card because I already have one of theirs, then speaking at my request to their manager who eventually agreed I could, then being transferred and waiting for 30 minutes before hanging up and trying again and their operator requiring all my details, then saying I couldn't have the card because I already have one of theirs, then speaking at my request to their manager who eventually I agreed I could, then being transferred and waiting......and so on and so on.

I am left with the idea that there is no real free offer and that I should simply cancel the present mobile contract and start again with a supplier who have their act together.

As to the main contract for the internet with Tiscali: Time for talk talk...but with a different supplier.:\

BigEndBob
31st Dec 2015, 16:46
I found the TT mobile network useless Vodafone.
Couldn't wait to swap back to T-mobile, such that I removed the sim 4 months before it was due to expire.

MightyGem
3rd Jan 2016, 18:29
I had the same problem as NRU74.

The only one that interested me was free unlimited phone calls. However, when I clicked on the link which took me to My Account, it wasn't listed. So, I called the number listed for upgrade help, only to speak to a nice Indian gentleman. He told me I couldn't have the free upgrade as I was already paying for it as part of my contract. "Can't you just give it to me and deduct the cost from my monthly bill?". "No, we can't". "Why not?". "Because you already have it so you can't have a free upgrade".

After going round in circles for a while, we obviously weren't getting anywhere, so I rang off.

On the premise nothing ventured, nothing gained, I emailed Dido Harding, TalkTalk's CEO, to ask for clarification as to why I couldn't have the "upgrade". That was the afternoon of 28 December.

I got an acknowledgement first thing the next day to say someone would be in touch. The day after I had a call from her Office Manager and after a brief conversation, I had my free calls for a year.
So a thumbs up for TalkTalk.

NRU74
3rd Jan 2016, 19:46
Mighty Gem
I think we must both thank Dido Harding (she is, apparently, the daughter of a pongo and only received c £6.8 million in remuneration from TalkTalk in 2014,) for sorting out your (and my former) little problem !

terrain safe
3rd Jan 2016, 21:03
From my experience Talk Talk and Dido Harding are a pair of absolute ****s.

My Father was in hospital, dying, and somehow my mums phone gets disconnected. Real pain as she may get a call at any moment saying that my dad is about to go. She phones up to report this on her mobile, and they deny there is any problem. Eventually, she persuades them that there is a problem. Turns out that one of her neighbours was changing from TT to Sky and they had disconnected her number by mistake. So she says "why not just turn it back on?". The response was staggering. Apparently it would take one month and she wouldn't have her old number!

Now my Dad was very involved in local politics for many years and loads of people were phoning my mum to find out how he was. She couldn't even email people as her internet was gone as well. TT weren't interested at all in helping her. She had even just paid the line rental in advance!

Anyway Sky get in touch as a neighbour had told them what had happened. They apologise for the changeover going wrong, even though it wasn't their fault, and offer to take her on at a massive reduction and do it in a week on her old number. So she goes to them and has been for nearly 2 years now.

TT refused to pay back any money, even after we contacted Dido, for not providing the service that it was paid to do, until 6 months later and many, many calls and letters.

As I said a pair of absolute ****s.

crewmeal
4th Jan 2016, 06:40
I had a similar experience a few years ago when TT cut me off prematurely. They couldn't reverse the process which left me without a phone line as well as no internet. Ever since then I've campaigned against TT and their incompetent service. Recently my next door neighbour migrated to Plusnet and forgot to change her email domain and of course lost the lot!

Moral of the story - if you migrate sort out email accounts before you move.