PDA

View Full Version : Napd1 and napd2

Pin Head
12th Dec 2015, 12:28
Are these the two only recognised departures or is their a default third?

I thought the norm was always to fly an Napd2 unless you are at a noise sensitive airport and hence fly the other.

Kind regards

Pin

flapsupdown
12th Dec 2015, 12:34
I believe these two are the only ones usable when flying a SID

The procedure differs depending on operator/fleet and/or airport in question

wanabee777
12th Dec 2015, 12:49
Here's some info published by ICAO:

http://www.icao.int/environmental-protection/Documents/ReviewNADRD.pdf

de facto
12th Dec 2015, 15:20
Waow..do you have any company manuals?
Some airports still use ICAO A or B.
Oh my, i used Icao A yesterday,and yes it was while flying an SID.

Wizofoz
12th Dec 2015, 15:26
Plus there can be state variations- Germany is a blanket 1500/1500 unless otherwise stated.

de facto
12th Dec 2015, 15:36
Indeed,but that would mean one would have to actually prepare for his flight and open manuals provided:p
My fleet fmc default thrust "reduction" is 1500ft but sops require otherwise if no specific requirements at airports.

wanabee777
12th Dec 2015, 15:46
See also:

Procedures for Air Navigation Services — Aircraft Operations (PANS OPS) Volume I - Flight Procedures (Doc 8168), Part I, Section 7.

TeabagRA
12th Dec 2015, 16:29
Just FYI it's NADP, not NAPD

FlightDetent
12th Dec 2015, 22:20
Is it true that BA do 1000/1000 irrespective of the AIP says?

de facto: sounds like the case when pin-reprogramming would be the the sensible step forward.

JammedStab
13th Dec 2015, 02:32
A few years back, our particular airline had a particular type that had a particular noise abatement procedure used that was different from NADP1 or 2 when departing from a particular runway at a particular airport:confused:.

It was approved by the airport authority and had a different thrust reduction and flap operation height based on a DME distance. The strange thing was, when I happened to be talking to a tower controller at that airport, he was completely unaware of this procedure.

Chesty Morgan
13th Dec 2015, 06:43
FD, the Embraer 170-195 was so quiet that a standard take off was considered noise abatement regardless of local airport procedures.

Perhaps that's where your 1000/1000 comes from.

FlyingStone
13th Dec 2015, 07:42
Surely (for airports which have NADP in combination with noise monitoring) it doesn't matter which NADP the airline uses as long as noise levels are below limit, or they are willing to fork out some cash for fines?

de facto
13th Dec 2015, 09:29
de facto: sounds like the case when pin-reprogramming would be the the sensible step forward.
FlightDetent is online now Report Post
No ****,good idea,will save daily finger aches.

despegue
13th Dec 2015, 20:32
Regarding Germany,
They request but do not demand a 1500' thrust reduction and acceleration in their AIP.

Also, Altitude/ performance limitations always take priority over which noise abatement to fly.

RandomPerson8008
13th Dec 2015, 22:35
At my company, which flies all over the planet in several varieties of Boeing widebodies, NADP-2 is supposed to be the standard operating procedure unless the Introduction/Departure Section of the Jepessen charts, the NOTAM(P)'s, etc dictate otherwise. Previously NADP-1 was standard (except for the US where NADP-2 was always supposed to be), however NADP-2 is now favored for fuel savings.

There are some places where these must be modified to comply with Single Engine Terrain Clearance requirements (acceleration height non standPrd for the twins), or to comply with RNAV departure procedure turning radius requirments (delayed acceleration as high as 5000 feet AGL in some cases). These procedures are usually detailed in airport & company specific charts or notam's if applicable, however they are not to be applied at other airports unless required, as far as I know.

I'm not saying what we do is correct in all cases if one were to consult the local regulatory agencies, but it's consistent enough to work (except when it doesn't). I am interested in hearing what other operators do as SOP though.

piratepete
16th Dec 2015, 04:34
NADP 1: constant speed, typically around V2 plus 10 or so, to 3000 AFE with thrust reduction at a recommended height, like say 800-1500 feet, then accelerate/clean up at said 3000 AFE.

NAPD 2: constant speed typically around V2 plus 10 or so, to a stated height, something like 800-1500 feet AFE then thrust reduction/acceleration/clean up followed by climb at minimum clean speed to 3000 AFE, followed by normal climb schedule speeds.

NAPD 3: Who gives a FCUK, its a quiet machine, no need to do anything abnormal.