PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to be cheerful..........

solotk
20th Jun 2002, 19:02
Had to travel down for a meeting in London today at the big house, and had my day considerably brightened on the M40, by a Tornado (GR) belting over the motorway. The flash git even racked it onto it's side agressively, to show the poor earthbound lesser beings that he was having the best day in that map reference by far.. Oh, so you know, just after 11.10 and just above Gaydon.

So cheers 4 that Fin Mate whoever u were. Girlfriend banged on about grown men behaving like schoolboys but I couldn't hear because the grin was folding my ears shut.

And then bonus, tooling past Northolt on the way out tonight, sunroof open, beautifully framing the Albert departing, result.

Which cheered me up no end, especially as the car was groaning under the combined weight of her latest attempt to bankrupt me, still she was happy :D

Tony

fobotcso
20th Jun 2002, 19:33
So you missed the pair of Wessexes over Southampton today at about 1140.

Not in the same glamour league as your sightings; but when you know what they are capable of on a dark and stormy night, they are a sight to stir the memory and the wish to relive the past - or some of it anyway!

AllTrimDoubt
20th Jun 2002, 20:44
Lynx Mk3 transiting the Solent this pm - reminds me of the Good Old Days when Portland was an airstation and the boys would be in the White Hart about - now!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rivetjoint
20th Jun 2002, 21:21
An F3 buzzed our house (next to Innsworth) last night at 8pm. Came over us at 100ft, full reheat.

Was it for any particular reason?

Jimlad
21st Jun 2002, 10:04
saw a nimrod over Oxford yesterday - any ideas or have Al Qaieda deployed a submarine which can fit up rivers now?:)

leshodge
21st Jun 2002, 11:34
All good.... but..... i awoke this morning after having a Canberra fly directly overhead last night, to a Fin buzzing around at about4000 ft. Then about 1100Hrs 'ish, a staggered formation of what i think i counted 22 Tucanos flew overhead at about 2000ft. Now that made me want to get to IOT sooner i tell ya!
I was hating the fact that some of the back seats will have been empty. They never ring us cadets up and ask if we want a ride!?
ah well
it made my day/week/year. Best not get carried away though hey.
Lee

STANDTO
21st Jun 2002, 12:05
saw a spider on my bedroom ceiling at 0534 this morning

Do I win five pounds?

solotk
21st Jun 2002, 17:13
Was the Spider making a lot of noise, having the best day in that grid reference, or making you proud of being a part of the best armed forces in the world?

£2.50 :D

Tony

BlueWolf
21st Jun 2002, 22:29
Let's just hope the spider wasn't wearing a turban and carrying an AK-47....

or an airline ticket....

RotaDish
22nd Jun 2002, 07:39
I woke up this morning, and heard a tremendous rush of air. Dashing out of bed, I caught a thrilling glimpse of 9 Typhoons, swooping past. Their startletling detail glinting in the bright morning light. A diamond 9 of perfection, triangulated forms, geometrically gliding through mathmatical space, slicing atmospheric norms with a grace and dignity fit only of a regent, a true master-piece. Under their wings were a myriad of fearsome weapons and at their heart stood a simple gun, fast, but furious; able to better the closest of adversary.

BBBzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz " 8 am.......8am.........8am........."

OhhhhErrrrrr Sh7***^%$.......It was a dream.......

Bu@@er,

Rota

tony draper
22nd Jun 2002, 08:46
That Centarian mothership was hoverin over me bed room again last night, had to sit under me tinfoil umbrella half the night, them little Grey bastids isnt probin Drapes nether regions.

fobotcso
22nd Jun 2002, 11:43
Let's get back to this spider. I get the impression that it is still living and I think we should be told why.

What would the result have been if it had been a Mosquito? A rolled-up "Hello" magazine would have been put to good use, I'll be bound.

No prize - unless, of course, you can claim to have seen a real Mosquito.

Not too right-wing I hope!

STANDTO
22nd Jun 2002, 12:50
The spider is actually still alive. Mrs Standto demanded it be killed, but as I went to splat it, it moved and was inadvertedly blatted under the bed.

Who knows what it is planning as revenge............................

FOMere2eternity
22nd Jun 2002, 14:47
Rivet

Suggest if you live near Innsworth, it was either some kind of function going on there for the bigwigs (they like that kind of thing), or perhaps an attack by a renegade crew, trying to eliminate the faceless adminners who make life on the ground so difficult :p

rivetjoint
22nd Jun 2002, 15:20
Well it was an F3, can that carry air-to-ground? Ooops lets not go there again :)

Gash Handlin
23rd Jun 2002, 18:58
I think that in order for us to gauge the correct level of response to the threat we need to know what size the Spider was.

Not to mention whether it was one of those hairy ones, I don't trust them hairy buggas.

difar69
24th Jun 2002, 11:06
Jimlad, delayed response but the Nimrod you saw over Oxford was probably in/outbound Brize, to pickup Kinloss guys(air & groundcrew) returning from their desert excursion.

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Jun 2002, 11:41
rivetjoint - Innsworth as in Cheltenham?

At 8pm last night I was sat in the sun outside Montpellier wine bar just coming off Standby and starting day 3,878 of my campaign to rid the World of Stella Artois.

I never heard an F3 on Heat 5!

Could only have been a mile and a half to Innsworth.

Maybe I was distracted by the young lady in the white trousers and no pants.

rivetjoint
24th Jun 2002, 12:14
Yes the same Innsworth, last Weds, 8pm.
Was she a nice Cheltenham lady?

The Nr Fairy
24th Jun 2002, 14:14
I think WWW was only distracted, not sure he got to the stage of finding out if she was a "nice" or "naughty" Cheltenham lady :D

STANDTO
25th Jun 2002, 07:09
Do you want to know about this feckin spider or what, or are you going to sit around talking about planes. Jeesh, sometimes I think people forget what this forum is for.

Gainesy
25th Jun 2002, 08:43
Wozzit one of them Manx spidders? Three legs & no tail?

fobotcso
25th Jun 2002, 09:01
I think your spider has just turned up at my place!

Recognise this? Seven legs, flat head, yellow and black furry body and a mouth like a sewer. If I told you what he said about you and your missus, Danny would shut this thread down immediately.

What he hasn't figured out is that it isn't going to be any more comfortable here! ;)

STANDTO
25th Jun 2002, 19:15
Nail Him. He has gone too far.

fobotcso
25th Jun 2002, 19:55
Duly nailed; end-ex!

solotk
8th Jul 2002, 22:33
Fobotsco,

It has been drawn to my attention tonight, by the Future Mrs. Solotk in frankly, hysterical fashion, that your claim of 25th of June against one low level-intruding spider, may be disallowed pending review of the Gun camera film.

It would appear, that either your intended victim, or his Wingman, who must have been following with good trail and separation, has appeared in my residence.

Now, contrary to my im-Aggge, I do care about spiders, and was seeking to lift it gently on to a newspaper, and deposit it out the window, no harm done to my karma etc. However, TFM Solotk invited me, in a slightly banshee wail, which I'm sure is familiar to a lot of you ,(The wail, not my missus, but she did date a Tornado Jock, but I have forgiven her) to engage said spider with maximum fangs-out prejudice......to wit......"Stop f*****g poncing about, and stamp on the bast*rd"

I said what with? Being in my stockinged feet at that point., she said , "Put your f******g Army boots on"

I now gather, she has an irrational hatred and fear of Spiders, much in common with the rest of her species.

So, I claim the kill.

Claim : 08/07/02 19.38 Hrs - 1x Spider destroyed. N.B TFM Solotk performed a victory roll, or at least I think that's what she was doing.......

Tony :D

If anyone doubts my claim, it had more than 4 legs, and according to TFM Solotk , was a "Big hairy fast-moving bast*rd" , and there can't be two of those..........

Murphy
9th Jul 2002, 00:26
Oh I see.

Now there was some killing to do they were ARMY boots!!

The end of the day, the Crabs always call on the men in greens equipment to finish the job!!!!:D

solotk
9th Jul 2002, 02:13
Funny you should say that Murph, obviously too much reliance by the crab element on stand-off BVR munitions, leading to wishful thinking kill estimates.

If you want the job doing right, you have to be in close and personal. I would have taken me bayonet to the little bleeder, but I don't think it's made for stabbing things with.

However, I did notice how quickly TFM Solotk's tree-hugging , art and cultured girlie guff got sacked when said Spider had her trapped in a corner.......

:D

BEagle
9th Jul 2002, 05:04
The heck with all this prose about spiders - tell us more about the babe in the tight white trousers please, WWW!!

doh-nut boy
9th Jul 2002, 06:25
Indeed! were there any spiders legs on show through the white pants? Or had somebody pulled them off?

PlasticCabDriver
9th Jul 2002, 10:57
I don't think it was spiders legs he was thinking of pulling off at the time.

Advice given to the British Olympic team before they went to Korea in 1988 - "if you see an eight legged striped rat in the bath, dont worry, its only a spider" Bring on a whole regiment of Army boots for that one!

(PS you don't want to look up at passing aircraft, that how the chemtrails get you)

STANDTO
9th Jul 2002, 19:30
I claim the prize for the:

"Thread that has slid the furthest off its original intended due to a well placed interjection"