PDA

View Full Version : training first officers

Hugo Peroni the IV
12th Dec 2015, 01:46
Sounds like some have been approached and a NTC is in the pipeline……..this, i can't wait to see in the current environment.

There will be some who can't help themselves!

AQIS Boigu
12th Dec 2015, 03:05
There will be some who can't help themselves!

Some Aussie DEFOs come to mind...

Aren't we all turning into trainers when taking a fresh SO through Dhaka...

Lowkoon
12th Dec 2015, 03:42
At least you aren't landing in dhaka, and that 200 hour guy is the only other flight crew member on board, to then turn around and fly back home.

From a distance
12th Dec 2015, 08:06
So how hard is it to train an SO. Sitting there in the cruise going through the manuals. Its not like there is any flight instruction going on. An FO can easily do this training. Don't forget many of our FO's have been training captains elsewhere.
That said now is not the time to accept a training FO position. Anyone that puts their hand up for this deserves the contempt that's coming to them.

mngmt mole
12th Dec 2015, 09:11
To all the FO's in the company:

If you accept a training FO position, you will be stripped of any dignity early in you career. Further, you will permanently be on a list that assures you will NEVER be granted JS's, never be socialized with, never be considered a professional. Do NOT even consider taking this route. It will ensure you are stained forever in this company. If none of that matters, then welcome to your future.

Mill Worker
12th Dec 2015, 09:56
All very predictable. I think they still exist in the Manuals (that we no longer get copies of).

It would be a great gig, you get to to a TC's job for way less money, you will be laughed at and you will save a few dollars on AOA subs when you are kicked out.

jonathon68
12th Dec 2015, 13:03
The manual refers to "Training Officers".

Why have expensive F/O's train S/O's. We can have Training S/O's... They can train each other!

JY9024
12th Dec 2015, 13:44
And to add to this, heard today that KA will be doing line training for CX on there A330's..

Average Fool
12th Dec 2015, 14:06
Today's lesson: controlled rest.

Watch and learn.

Clish
13th Dec 2015, 01:09
KA rejected the plan already

iceman50
13th Dec 2015, 12:51
Dan

Utter bolloc*s :rolleyes:

grottyyottie
13th Dec 2015, 16:22
Do other carriers have Training First officers. I think they do.
gy

cxorcist
13th Dec 2015, 18:42
Think about it FOs...

You sign up for a TFO job and then you come up for command. How do you think that is going to go for you? Sure, a few koolaid drinking CX leaches might be ok with you, but the vast majority of your "fellow trainers" will despise you. They will make your life as hard as possible and see if you really know your stuff, questions the whole time in cruise... Line checks might be tough as well.

Don't be tempted. Nobody will truly respect you, not your trainers, colleagues, or even trainees. You will have that scabby crust all over just ripe for picking.

iceman50
14th Dec 2015, 00:31
Dan

Trust me it was a disaster, we knew it and the company knew it.

My such a high opinion of your self and your comments are still bollos*s especially when you quote "TRUST ME".:ugh:

Gnadenburg
14th Dec 2015, 00:50
I've flown with some unofficial training F/O's. Superb bookman and they take the time to clarify every crew notice to an impractical detail.

Flying skills? Well that doesn't matter much anymore and won't any Training F/O program intensify a generational loss of core skills?

spleener
15th Dec 2015, 05:39
Well from my recollection: The TFO mk1 model created a significant number of TFO's who became, to quote GL, 'Super S/O's'. Brilliant on Y1 and Transpac!
More than a few hiccupped when confronted with Command Course, so it was seen as doing them a disservice; an unintended consequence and the situation dissolved... or as Dan put it 'withered on the vine'...

Michael Hunt
15th Dec 2015, 07:10
I don't recall that. Sounds absolutely hilarious and very Cathay. Please give me a clue to jog my memory or PM me. Need a good laugh.

McNulty
15th Dec 2015, 09:17
Dunno about line training, but I do know first hand that CX have some very, VERY poor simulator instructors who have never flown the type that they are instructing on (or anything remotely resembling an airliner). They could do alot worse than getting SFI ratings for a few current FO's with some time on type and clearing the garbage out of the sim training department.

The FUB
15th Dec 2015, 12:27
Surely we have our first one already. The new DCP Boeing.