PDA

View Full Version : Humour is rare in aviation

Dropp the Pilot
10th Dec 2015, 17:44
Therefore we must give thanks for Mr. Akbar Al Baker, who having giving us years of delight just with the comb-over now adds standup to his routine. Here he is about the trifling boondoggle in Miami:

“It was an instruction given to our pilot by the air traffic control, which he should have refused to accept,” says Al Baker at a media event in New York today. “However, he had enough runway for getting airborne and it was only an unfortunate incident. At no time was the aircraft or the passengers put in any harms way.”

E's a right Arabic Billy Connolly 'e is!

HEALY
11th Dec 2015, 04:27
Maybe he is related to the Iraqi Interior minister who denied U.S. Troops were on the ground during a live broadcast with US tanks rolling past

glofish
11th Dec 2015, 06:27
Well, we can consider ourselves lucky at EK, humour comes on a weekly basis.
Just read the latest safety report. It's pure comedy, bad comedy, but still pure comedy.

ASR for 200kgs overfuelling, a real gem, but by far not the only one! :ugh:

SOPS
11th Dec 2015, 07:31
I see paranoia is alive and well, Glofish

Fantome
11th Dec 2015, 07:59
Despite the ambiguity herein - ' Humour is rare in aviation' . .

there is certainly irony. Thinking of the wittiest people who ever reported the aviation scene , JM (Mike) Ramsden of FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL comes to mind. For many years he was the transport editor, while he also assumed the alias of Roger Bacon (aka Uncle Roger) by hosting the Straight and Level page. They were red letter days in the glorious art of taking a rise when a rise was called for. I like to think he is enjoying his retirement in the most pleasant of settings. It was rumoured he went to live in Tasmania. Can anyone confirm that?

Stanwell
11th Dec 2015, 14:31
One aviation writer who caused me to snigger was Roy Braybrook who periodically contributed to Air International.

His dry and ascerbic observations on industry matters would give me a day-long smile.