PDA

View Full Version : N-registered jets in China

travis67
7th Dec 2015, 21:22
I'm considering doing contract flying in a Challenger 604/605 out of China and I've been told that many, if not most, aircraft there are N-registered. First of all, is this true and secondly, does anyone here have experience flying an N-registered aircraft out of Asia or other parts of the world who can tell me how this registration affects the quality of maintenance and other safety factors? N-registered aircraft are obviously under FAA regulations so I assume these aircraft have to have the same required maintenance inspections as an N-registered plane in the US, correct?

Bare Plane
7th Dec 2015, 22:29
FAA registered A/C have to be maintained by an FAA certified repair station. It can be a foreign station that passes a yearly FAA inspection to make sure they are meeting the required standards and are granted a Foreign Repair Station certificate. Applies world wide for N reg.

And you are a Challenger pilot and do not know this?? You never look at your maintenance log books? I would recommend getting familiar with them and the FAA maintenance regulations.

travis67
7th Dec 2015, 23:52
Thanks for the info.

You asked, "And you are a Challenger pilot and do not know this?? You never look at your maintenance log books?"

Is this information found in maintenance log books?

information you listed: "FAA registered A/C have to be maintained by an FAA certified repair station. It can be a foreign station that passes a yearly FAA inspection to make sure they are meeting the required standards and are granted a Foreign Repair Station certificate."

Seems that would be found in the FAA maintenance regulations, right?

welliewanger
8th Dec 2015, 11:31
I don't fly an FAA aircraft, but have flown EASA in China.

While approved maintenance facilities won't be hard to find, the standard of work can be variable. I have too many first hand experiences of engineers in this part of the world having no common sense.

winkwink
9th Dec 2015, 07:35
I think Bare Plane made the mistake of not reading the question, Travis.

Good luck with the job.

Fossy
9th Dec 2015, 11:32
The quality of work is only as good as the engineers doing it.
Regarding the required inspections, it depends what maintenance program is approved. If it's a Part 91 aircraft, normally the inspection required as per the TC holders TLMC respectively MRB and other supplemental tasks for modifications embodied on the aircraft shall be performed

No Fly Zone
14th Dec 2015, 10:04
Travis: Think it through, dude and please consider:
1. Professionals go to Official sources for their information.
2. As the pilot, YOU are ultimately responsible for everything.
3. Yes, other posters are correct; the quality of Mx work in Asia, FAA-Certified or not, is all over the map - but the Ultimate Responsibility remains with you.
4. Foreign provided (FAA) Mx requirements are exactly the same as those in the U.S. If the shop looks OK to you, it might be. If it looks bad, it probably is.
5. Refer back to item #2. You alone are accountable. And You have your butt on that airplane on a regular basis. Are You satisfied?
6. Need more detail? Contact any FAA office, world wide and they will provide more details and lists of certificated shops in China or elsewhere.
7. To repeat a couple from above, if you are driving an N-registered airplane, FAA mx standards apply, world-wide. Period!!:ok:

robbreid
18th Dec 2015, 01:27
Just looking at 'B' China Civil Aircraft Register

260 B registered bizjets - including

5 Challenger 300's
15 Challenger 604/605's
13 Globals
17 Challenger 800/850's

Authorized Service Facilities | Bombardier Customer Services (http://customerservices.aero.bombardier.com/Service-and-Maintenance-Network/Business-Aircraft/Authorized-Service-Facilities)