PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have recent experience with AMRG

CLDriver
4th Dec 2015, 17:58
I see that AMRG is seeking quite a few King Air pilots. I had to take a fews years off from flying for personal reasons and now am looking to get back into it.

Any constructive review would be great.

Thanks

endlessnight
5th Aug 2018, 22:39
Bumping this, I'm interested too!

340drvr
6th Aug 2018, 12:05
Not employed there, but they have an operation based at our home drome. Typical air ambulance gig, they are pretty busy, at least a couple of trips per shift seems the norm. Salary seems ok for the gig. This base has been running with one resident pilot for about a year, the other shifts covered by a company "floater" pilot. The other guys moved on for a variety of reasons, but I've heard that their days-off rotation is somewhat less than desirable. It's amazing how many bases they advertise for pilot spots, I think part of it comes from the recent expansion of bases in the last few years. Here in Wyoming, years ago, I flew for the only fixed-wing air ambulance outfit in the state, now it seems like every town with a paved airport has a base.
IMHO, it might not be a bad way to get your foot back in the door as far as currency, in both employment and flight proficiency, for someone who's been, as you say, away for awhile. Always easier to be on the inside when looking for a position. Sign on, fly for a year or two, and if not suitable, start looking elsewhere.
Hope this helps, maybe a current pilot will post with real inside info for you.