PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Conversion

Stefan123
2nd Dec 2015, 18:37
Hello Folks,

I'm a UK National currently abroad doing an ATPL(A) Course.
I'm finishing very shortly and the license issued will be a Serbian JAR Part-FCL.

Is it possible to convert this license into a UK EASA license without any further training/costs?

Will my license from then on be permanently UK or will I need to renew it every so often.

Thanks for all the advice in advance!

ersa
2nd Dec 2015, 20:31
Looks like you need to convert it (ICAO) read Cap 804 conversion foreign licence

it reads
Serbia and Turkey are former JAA Member States that were recommended for mutual recognition in respect of JAR-FCL before the end of June 2009 by the JAA. These two States are not yet EASA Member States (either by membership of the EU or by formal agreement with the EU) and so their JAR-FCL licences are not deemed to be Part-FCL licences under the regulation. The JAR-FCL licences issued by these two States were previously rendered valid by UK national legislation and so were valid licences for the flight crew of aircraft registered in the UK. This validation under national law could not remain in place with the implementation of the European Aircrew Regulation. Consequently, the previous UK recognition of JAR-FCL licences and related authorisations issued by Serbia and Turkey ceased on 16 September 2012.

Looks like serbia follows the framework of EASA only.

Looks like you may be up for the 14 exams ?

Stefan123
7th Dec 2015, 18:35
Serbia have all of the EASA framework, from its Aviation Authority to it's schooling system. However none of this is EASA approved (yet they claim it is).

After speaking director of the authority, he very much emphasised how their licenses are currently accepted by states such as Swiss, Italy, Netherlands, Ireland and a notably a few others.

However, I rang up EASA and a few of these authorities, and they had differed to what I had been told.

I rang up the UK CAA and sent them a few emails, they all seem to give me the same answer which is 'Yes we do'. However I don't feel like its genuine because I rarely get any legal statement or document to back it up.

Can anyone provide any further insight? I'm completely baffled. I'm barely even a Pilot myself and I'm the first in my family so unfortunately I have no one to really ask.

ersa
7th Dec 2015, 21:19
You can convert your serbian licence ,from the UK perspective it will be a icao licence conversion and not a change of state swop.

The best option would be to email a UK flying school about conversion

hamza13537
1st Jan 2016, 12:26
Hello everyone,

I am in my final year of high school and considering doing my ATPL in Malaysia.

I have been told that I will receive a Malaysian license.

So my question is that is it possible to convert the Malaysian ATPL to a UK EASA or a UAE GCAA.

paco
2nd Jan 2016, 05:50
Yes, it will be, but be aware that the UAE no longer accept EASA exams in lieu of their own.

All countires have a procedure for converting ICAO standard licences.

hamza13537
2nd Jan 2016, 08:48
Thanks for the reply. So my best bet is to visit the UAE aviation authority and find out what the procedure is?

Flion
27th Nov 2016, 08:28
It's been quite a while since the last post, are there any news about this? Also, how does the opposite process go - from EASA to Serbian fATPL?

zid
1st Dec 2016, 10:09
hello everyone,
I am an ICAO ATPL holder, around 4000:00 (All P2 over 3500 Airline Jet), currently flying B777s as a first officer in the South East Asia.
I am intending to move back to the UK in the near future...quickest route to convert/move my ATPL over to an EASA lIC...
Thanks