PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet application

Jude
20th Jun 2002, 11:59
Just a question is it worth a 1300 Hr CPL/IR(FATPL) with only 25 Hrs ME filling in an easyjet application form. I've read all the info on the website and know its unlikely they will employ anyone without a full ATPL, yet they will consider all applications on merit.

The Greaser
20th Jun 2002, 19:19
I have 1500 hours including 500 ME and applies to easyJet in February. Heard nothing yet. I think at the minute that they are only considering people with turboprop/jet experience.

If you are under 34 then apply to CTC's ATP scheme - their graduates are being taken on by Easyjet at the minute.

BRL
21st Jun 2002, 19:55
Go for it Jude. Best of luck to you.

kriskross
22nd Jun 2002, 12:07
As an insider, I agree with what has been said. There is currently a 'slowdown' in recruiting while the Companies are reorganised. We are short of F/Os though.

I know it seems that nobody cares, and you can apply and not hear anything, but the recruiting team are incredibly busy. You should see how many there are for such numbers of applicants.

It may not seem like it but I do know that we try to send at least an acknowledgement to all applications, but as it is a web application, it shouldn't cost more than pennies to apply. Better than another Company, I could mention!!

There are always far more applicants than positions and nothing is different at the moment, but keep plugging away at it, and the very best of luck to you and all the other hopefuls.

Sometimes we forget that we were there once!!!

SkyCruiser
22nd Jun 2002, 15:38
kriskross

Are you looking for pilots at the moment?
like a lot of other guys I have filled in the on line application form and no reply, I have airline and multi crew time and a good number of hours.

Oh well, back to the waiting game...

kriskross
22nd Jun 2002, 15:46
As I said before, there is a slowdown at the moment, but I will have words with the teamabout the current situation, and also let them know that acknowledgements are not getting through to everyone. Will attempt to get the answers posted next week, as early as I can.

Nano 763
22nd Jun 2002, 20:32
Applying to an Airline is a game of chance.
The more you play, the more chances you have to win.
And, after all, what have you got to lose???

That said.........Good Luck!!!

kriskross
25th Jun 2002, 13:01
OK, as promised, the latest on what is happening and what is being looked for.

At the moment if there is anyone out there, left, with 3000 hours on 737s or A320 series, we would be delighted to hear from you!!!

To be realistic, the goalposts have changed recently. We are looking to crew up the Scottish and Belfast bases, so if you REALLY want to work from there, you have an advantage. No good saying yes and then bitching later that you want a transfer to LTN or LPL - no vacancy!!

If you have good time on turboprops, in an airline environment, then because you probably know the airports we fly to, that is an advantage. Say 1500 hours, turboprop, airline experience. This seems to be the going rate at the moment, but the goalposts are still moving!!

Good luck, and hope this helps. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Splat
25th Jun 2002, 14:32
kriskross,

Thanks for that, much apreciated. I realise that the application that I submitted has no chance yet from what you are saying, but it's good to see the requirements come down.

When they come down to 1500 TT, I'm in with a shout.

One thing though, when I submitted my application, I got no acknowledgment at all, and that leaves me wondering if it got through.

Is there any way to find out?

Thanks

S

kriskross
25th Jun 2002, 17:03
I'll try that one as well, but the applications go straight through to the database, and only after the filters are applied are the resulting names pushed through to the Recruiting Team. However, they assure me that acknowledgements are sent notwithstanding, so appologise if sometimes the 'System' slips up.

Still good luck and keep on trying, that is what eventually will get you where you want to be.

Splat
26th Jun 2002, 07:50
kriskross

Thanks again for that. Looks like I'm one of the one's that fell in the crack so as to speak.

I'll resubmit my application in a few months time, or when I hear that the requirements are closer to what I have to offer. Don't want to appear as a nuisance.

Regards

S

kriskross
26th Jun 2002, 08:03
You're not a nuisance. Glad to try to be of help.

SkyCruiser
26th Jun 2002, 20:19
I have just tried another on line application, but again no reply!!
I have all the requirements listed above, except the type rating, and I would like to apply.

How do I know if they have received it?

Many thanks.

Honest Fr@nk
27th Jun 2002, 11:32
I completed it a few days ago and I received an acknowledgement staight away.
But just like the lottery I'm waiting for my numbers to come up. I have all the requirements including heavy turbo prop time - It really is a lottery. But at least its free.

The Greaser
27th Jun 2002, 12:16
I have sent two applications in the last 6 months and neither time did I receive a confirmation.

Eff Oh
27th Jun 2002, 12:25
Guys just to let you know, I applied in January and got no reply. Then I got a message saing my application was successful......5 months later, so hang in there. :)
Eff Oh.

omoko joe
27th Jun 2002, 12:38
if they are really after people who want to be in BFS then why are they try to force all new captains over there despite their objections? If they really want want locals over there why don't they try interviewing them? I know plenty of 5000hrs+ jet guys who have applied and heard nothing.