PDA

View Full Version : NH90's to the South of Burgess Hill today (2nd Dec)

surely not
2nd Dec 2015, 15:43
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that 2 x NH90 helicopters have just (1620 ish local) flown to the South of Burgess Hill going westwards.

They were definitely not Pumas or Wildcats and they were in silhouette so I couldn't see any markings on them to identify whose they were.

I checked on FR24 but there was no helicopter activity showing other than an R44 to the North, and even with my eyesight I know these were not R44's!!

Hopefully someone else will have seen them and can ID them better than me.

Big Eric
2nd Dec 2015, 17:43
There's 3 Dutch military NH-90s based at Culdrose this week, I don't think they'd be anywhere near Burgess Hill today though ?

A couple of Merlins maybe?

wub
2nd Dec 2015, 21:13
On the BBC 6 o'clock news they showed 2 Merlins flying down the Thames past Parliament

surely not
7th Dec 2015, 20:37
Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen. As it was dusk and they were in silhouette and only visible for a very short time I am quite prepared to accept that they might have been Merlins. Having looked at loads of pics of Merlins and NH90 on various websites they do look similar enough to be mistaken in poor light conditions, well for someone with my eyesight anyway :{

I guess I am unlikely to ever know for certain.

Many thanks again