PDA

View Full Version : FR if I do not use outbound can I still use return flight?

Sober Lark
1st Dec 2015, 16:53
DUB-BHX-DUB same day with FR. If I check in but don't use the DUB-BHX sector (because I have an alternative) can I still use the return BHX-DUB sector? Many thanks.

Alsacienne
1st Dec 2015, 17:12
Have you checked in for the outward flight online? If so, it would be courteous if you were to tell them so that they can take you off the flight and not spend time looking for you ... or any baggage. As FR is a point-to-point airline, you should be able to use the 'return' part of your booking because each sector is considered to be an independent trip, complete in itself.

Hotel Tango
1st Dec 2015, 20:57
I do not know how RYR operate but I would advise that if both sectors come under a single PNR be very careful how you cancel your first sector. Be sure that your "return" remains in the system.

ExXB
2nd Dec 2015, 07:57
See: https://legacy.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-cancel-my-reservation-before-travel-and-do-i-need-to-notify-ryanair-if-i-am-not-travelling/

Bob's your Uncle.

Sober Lark
2nd Dec 2015, 08:25
Customers who are unable to use their outbound flight can still travel on their return flight

Thanks for all your help.

ExXB, while since I heard 'Bob's your uncle'. As a child it used to confuse me when someone used that phrase as I had an uncle Bob.

wowzz
2nd Dec 2015, 10:37
''Have you checked in for the outward flight online? If so, it would be courteous if you were to tell them so that they can take you off the flight and not spend time looking for you ... or any baggage. As FR is a point-to-point airline, you should be able to use the 'return' part of your booking because each sector is considered to be an independent trip, complete in itself.''

Ryanair spending time looking for pax - you must be joking! Slightly different of course if you've taken out a mortgage and put baggage in the hold.