PDA

View Full Version : British Midland - its offical

rog747
27th Nov 2015, 13:06
Well its official - :{

The following activity took place for BD on Amadeus -
BRITISH MIDLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRWAYS on 27 November 2015:
Distribution - Cancelled
Please note that the code BD now has been assigned to new carrier CAMBODIA BAYON AIRLINES

Will always remember when I worked for BMA ops at LHR waiting for our last flight of the day to call up on the R/T then we could all go home ---
(BD340 DC-9 LHR to Tees-side 20.25 departure)

''BD Ops, BD Ops, this is Midland three forty, Alpha Alpha - off at two zero, airborne at two five, Tees-side 10 early with 92 and nil, Goodnight!''

If it was our lovely Capt Tony Belcher then he always made the call when the flaps went up about Slough :ok:
thank you Tony for many years getting home early :cool:

THE END:sad::sad::sad:

Richard Taylor
27th Nov 2015, 13:09
Are they not just changing the designator from BD to BM? Thought for a second they had ceased ops!! :eek:

rog747
27th Nov 2015, 13:17
I mean the main show (not BMI regional)

BMA BMI BM international
whatever you knew them as since the 1960's
BD all gone now for ever :(

British Midland sold the business in April 2012 to IAG (British Airways), who then sold bmi regional on as a separate entity to SAH on 1 June 2012

Hotel Tango
27th Nov 2015, 15:35
Never knew Captain Tony Belcher personally, but remember flying as pax with him on the Viscounts and the 9s a number of times.

valefan16
27th Nov 2015, 17:51
Sad really, spending my Sunday's in a buggy at East Midlands old aero park with their old DC9s, ATPs and Short 360s were what got me into aviation so to be fully wiped of the planet is a shame (although from the same period there's no more TEA uk, Britannia, Excalibur, Air Uk Leisure etc so sadly the natural progression I guess)

EI-BUD
28th Nov 2015, 15:12
Interesting for me that this topic arose, I was in Cambodia earlier this month and say BD code at Siem Reap Airport...