PDA

View Full Version : re full time training

bird without wings
28th Feb 2001, 19:40
I'm looking at applying for sponsorship for full time training when i leave uni, but am confused about the deal with accommodation during training. i know that with a lot of companies you have to go abroad for a couple of months, eg to the US but while you're training in england do you live with other students or do you live at home? i've looked at brochures for oxford etc. but although they say there's some accommodation on site they don't mention the rest. any ideas anybody? having spent one year already living five hours away from my partner i'm keen to find out!

Mister Geezer
28th Feb 2001, 21:23
Hi there......

I am starting at Oxford in a few weeks and at the moment if you are paying for the course yourself then Oxford don't have any accommodation to offer. It is fully booked by airlines putting their cadets/trainees through. What most people do is that they share flats/houses etc etc. It is only for 8 months since 3 months are spent in the US and the first month is spent on site.

Yes it does give you one extra thing to worry about, however I am not loosing too much sleep over it!

All the best!

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

bird without wings
1st Mar 2001, 19:42
cheers Geezer
am i right to take this that if an airline does sponsor you they expect you to live on site with their other sponsored candidates?

congrats on sorting yourself a place out. enjoy!