PDA

View Full Version : IE11 - Hyperlinks not working

nipva
23rd Nov 2015, 08:34
When using IE11 I find that most hyperlinks don't work whereas they do using Chrome or Firefox. I assume that the problem must lie somewhere in my settings but cannot for the life of me see where! Any suggestions most welcome

Saab Dastard
23rd Nov 2015, 10:45
What does "don't work" mean? Launches new tab with blank screen, or nothing at all? Any error message?

Did it ever work or is this recent behaviour?

What OS?

SD

nipva
23rd Nov 2015, 11:52
Sorry - should have been more specific. Windows 7 OS and the problem has been around for some time. Not all hyperlinks fail but certainly all those within PPrune posts do plus many others but I haven't been able to identify a common thread. Indications are a blank page with a new tab with the wording 'Blank page'. No error messages.
All guidance welcome!

Saab Dastard
23rd Nov 2015, 13:47
Have you tried here: IE 11 Opens Links in a Blank Tab - Microsoft Community (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/ie-11-opens-links-in-a-blank-tab/0331c334-59b7-47c7-bed8-9fc44827af4c?auth=1)

SD

nipva
24th Nov 2015, 10:29
SD
Thanks for your interest and responses. I went to your link and it is full of people saying that they have exactly the same problem with IE11 but with no solution(s) offered apart from binning IE11 and going back to IE10 or earlier. Incidentally I couldn't follow your link via IE11 and had to use Chrome instead. The trouble is, this particular problem aside, I prefer IE to Firefox/Chrome.

It would appear therefore that the only solution is to go back to IE10.

Thanks again.