PDA

View Full Version : ANAC to FAA conversion

matheus712
18th Nov 2015, 15:50
Hi guys I'm new here, haha

My question is about converting my license and ratings from ANAC, Civil aviation authority of Brazil to FAA.

I hold the ratings of Multi-engine, IFR, Single Engine and CFI with ICAO level 4. The real question is what are the most ratings that can i convert just by having it (without taking theorical exams)?Does it have to be done through a flying school or I can do it my self?

thank you all,

Fernandes.

MarkerInbound
18th Nov 2015, 21:44
The FAA will issue you a private pilot certificate based on your ANAC license with SE and ME ratings. It will be valid only as long as your ANAC license is valid. You can add an instrument rating to it by passing a short written test. No checkride is required. Anything above the private level requires a written test and a checkride.

To get the 61.75 certificate based on your ANAC license you'll have to have ANAC verify your license to the FAA and then set up a meeting at a FAA office.

matheus712
24th Nov 2015, 00:49
The FAA will issue you a private pilot certificate based on your ANAC license with SE and ME ratings. It will be valid only as long as your ANAC license is valid. You can add an instrument rating to it by passing a short written test. No checkride is required. Anything above the private level requires a written test and a checkride.

To get the 61.75 certificate based on your ANAC license you'll have to have ANAC verify your license to the FAA and then set up a meeting at a FAA office.

And should I do this directly with the FAA or through some flight school?

Pvtpilot
6th Dec 2015, 00:43
You have to request a verification of authenticity of foreign license with the FAA

Airmen Certification ? Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/)

you wil find all the necessary info in the link above

I know you posted this a while ago but hope it helps.
Goo luck man!

Lutrick7
21st Nov 2020, 00:18
How do i do the reverse? I live in Curitiba, and want to rent a Piper at Bacacherie