PDA

View Full Version : Internet services for CV / resume / cover letter. Do they really worth it?

jedo
16th Nov 2015, 18:34
Hi guys:

On first place would like to apologise since the english isn't in any way, shape or form my native language

i've been looking for a position as pilot in the last weeks, since then i have found a few websites which offer your CV, resume and cover letters for low hours and/or low or zero experience, the question is simple: do they really worth it or not? or should i continue sending mails with to CV to every single one pilot job announce that I may found in the web (not very chances in my country, really narrow market for aviation)

my personal situation is as follows: I've been flying for +10 year with +400 TT SE under my belt by now, but i got my commercial rating a few months ago and looking for a chance to put a feet on the industrie
any comment would be very welcome

fly safe, blue skies and happy landings

Transsonic2000
17th Nov 2015, 12:33
I'd say it all depends on your English language proficiency and your experience in writing resumes/applications. If you lack both of them, then it's certainly money well spent!

BJTW
21st Nov 2015, 19:16
Hi

For a person not being native with English not their first language I must say it's much better than many born speaking English :ok:

With that said personally I would contact them initially by phone, and strike up a conversation. Usually at some point during the conversation, I am asked whether I have a resume/CV and would care to submit it. This immediately gives me an indication as to whether they are interested in me. This is the way I have always approached employment with great success. It is definately well worth having your resume/cv ready and properly prepared as you will always be asked to submit It at some point, even if they show interested over the phone.

A good well written, concise resume/cv is a must and should be prepared and updated. The phone call makes you stand out from the many hundreds your prospective employer may have already on file.

Hope this helps

DTK1
26th Nov 2015, 12:50
There is a website called Fiverr and you may have guessed, everything is a fiver (albeit $5). There are a lot of people writing cv's. May not be perfect but might give a slight edge for the same price as a pint.