PDA

View Full Version : End of Schengen ?

Pace
15th Nov 2015, 07:28
After the horrendous and shocking terrorism in Paris and France rightfully reinstating its borders as well as the uncontrolled migrant influx through Europe I wonder whether this will now herald the end of the Schengen agreement?

Pace

Above The Clouds
15th Nov 2015, 08:02
I sincerely hope all European countries close their borders to free travel to get a grip of the current migrant flow.
The UK should close the tunnel, robustly police its borders and remove anyone who has not a very good reason for being in the country and send them back to where they came from.
Our government should implement a maritime and airborne coast guard that is capable of monitoring all of our coastlines, re-introduce a home guard force in rural areas to support the coast guard and customs, its time to act hard an fast, if that touches a few lefty, tree hugging, human rights activists nerves tough.

ZFT
15th Nov 2015, 08:43
Very easy to do - STOP the bloody hand outs then the flow will be much more manageable.

Anyone who has no right of entry and has conveniently lost his/her papers gets locked up in an immigration detention centre until they can prove their identity.

Anyone who breaks the law gets sent back to where they originated from.

If this sounds harsh, this is how the vast majority of UK citizens living overseas have to live and certainly the rules I've lived under for 2/3rds of my lifetime.

DirtyProp
15th Nov 2015, 09:19
My take is that with these idiotic governments nothing will happen.
We will have stricter airport controls of course, but that's about it.

uberwang
15th Nov 2015, 09:54
How about we stop creating the situation over there that leads to the immigration that has been created as a result? That part is conveniently forgotten.. I do however totally agree that legitimate immigration applicants should be allowed in only.. Seeing as this took months of planning, it really doesn't appear to have anything to do with the current crisis though so while you bash tree hugging lefties, don't buy into the right wing reporting too much either...

Pace
15th Nov 2015, 10:07
I believe there are claims that one of these terrorists who killed so many innocent young people came in through the migrant flow from Syria and the worry is how many others are now embedded in our society through this source.

there are two issues one is economic where these people are desperate for a better life and that could be addressed by a worldwide move to improve the economic and political health of those countries.

The second is extreme religious beliefs which has again caused this level of terrorism. I don't know how that will be addressed

But as pilots I do feel this act will herald the end of the Schengen agreement and reintroduce border controls which will make things harder for us as pilots travelling through previous Schengen countries

Someone said don't mess with the Russians or fear the consequences but anyone can mess with the Europeans and get away with it! We are a soft touch. So probably yes nothing much else will happen

Pace

Avitor
15th Nov 2015, 10:10
Too late I reckon, folks, they are here, here and awaiting orders. If I am wrong, then they missed an opportunity handed to them on a plate by bumbling governments running scared of appearing 'racist'. Racism has nothing to do with it, it is about religion.

His dudeness
15th Nov 2015, 10:58
How about we stop creating the situation over there that leads to the immigration that has been created as a result?

WHO THE F IS "WE" ?

I have not been in Syria, I have not dropped anything on anyone. I do not have any stocks, thus I´m not part / or co-owner of a company that does exploit poor nations.

Last but not least I have not voted for the bloody id.... that form "my" Government, which is by the way, set to destroy my Country and Europe.

As for the refugees - they pay their way into Europe, they are not poor at all. The really poor folks are still in Syria.

Above The Clouds
15th Nov 2015, 11:38
Pace
But as pilots I do feel this act will herald the end of the Schengen agreement and reintroduce border controls which will make things harder for us as pilots travelling through previous Schengen countries

I really couldn't give a sh1t if it makes things harder for us pilots, what we need is for the European governments to get a better grip of the border controls and stop any further migration, round up those who have arrived illegally and send them back. Pull out our armed forces and let them get on with it and sort out their own problems and countries.

Pace
15th Nov 2015, 12:51
ATC

The problem is that already 1 million have entered Europe! Sadly Europe has had many financial problems with a few countries bailing out the majority!
These immigrants are uneducated and bring no skills through no fault of their own so will overload an already crippled benefits system but it's a case of closing the gates too late!
I cannot blame them for seeking out a better life! In their position we would do the same!
But with them come the terrorists and frankly both are here to stay and the answer was never a free for all into Europe but that has happened and now we reap the consequences

Pace

Above The Clouds
15th Nov 2015, 13:38
Put ourselves in their shoes if we where living or staying longterm in one of their countries and they wanted us out, guess what would happen.

Visa's would be revoked, officials would be at your door giving you just enough time to pack if your lucky and we would be on the next available transport back to where you came from, that can be achieved in European countries and the UK if the politicians had the balls to get on with it. Then close the gates, and don't say they have no clue where they are of course they do.

pulse1
15th Nov 2015, 15:20
The problem is that already 1 million have entered Europe!

And it probably took less than 10 to carry out the slaughter in Paris.

NuName
16th Nov 2015, 04:12
We call it the nanny state, they ban anything that might cause us harm. Don't forget your hi viz coat, oh, lets bring in another million, ah, this one has no papers, can't send him anywhere, just tell him not to work and report once a week, yeah right, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, that's where were headed folks. Charity begins at home.

Propellerpilot
16th Nov 2015, 04:43
We call it the nanny state, they ban anything that might cause us harm. Don't forget your hi viz coat, oh, lets bring in another million, ah, this one has no papers, can't send him anywhere, just tell him not to work and report once a week, yeah right, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, that's where were headed folks. Charity begins at home.

Well said !

When the next attack occurs - people are really going to panic.

Apparantly the whole German Parliament will go to the next "soccer game" in Hannover
to demonstrate their cause... good or bad idea ? Depends how you look at it, but certainly not very clever.

Nanny state has already failed big time !