PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne International, Florida.

VFE
19th Jun 2002, 17:38
Hi guys and gals,

I will be doing some hours building out of Melbourne International next month. What is it like there? Is it very busy, are ATC good and what is the surrounding airspace like in terms of traffic?

Any thoughts whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VFE.

VFE
20th Jun 2002, 21:01
Anyone???? :(

Kenny
21st Jun 2002, 16:53
VFE,

I've flown out of Vero Beach for the last 2 years, so I'm in and out of MLB on a regular basis. I've always found the guys in the tower to be extremely friendly and professional. Daytona Approach, who control the airspace above MLB's class D upto 5000' are the same way aswell.

As far as traffic is concerned, there's quite a bit of "instructional" flying going on because FIT are based there and FSI like to go there for the ILS. Apart from that it's nowhere near as busy as Vero gets on occasion.

You'll have fun.

VFE
22nd Jun 2002, 12:59
Thanks Kenny!

VFE. :)

FWA NATCA
7th Jul 2002, 04:53
VFE,

You will find all of us NATCA controllers to be friendly, helpful, and patient:)

Mike
FWA

Cup B
8th Jul 2002, 11:52
On that I can agree. I got lost on my first x-country ON THE GROUND at MLB and you guys talked me all the way to nearest bar!
Excellent job! :D
(I got lost on purpose several other times but no further luck at other airports ;) )

VFE
9th Jul 2002, 10:35
Thanks for the replies. :)

And the next question following on from Cup B would have to be: Any good local bars around? :D

VFE.

Kenny
9th Jul 2002, 10:53
VFE,

Meg O Malleys is a good place to try and drink away an evening. Just make sure you don't live too far away from it though, Taxis cost a fortune.

Kenny,

Cup B
10th Jul 2002, 13:22
VFE,

Hey man, I can't remember the name of the outfit. Just do what I did and I promise you a long and wet night with some serious spacial disorientation the next morning :cool:

Say hello from me to the guys there at ATC. I had a great time over there :)