PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Age for Pilot flying in Europe

wallypilot
12th Nov 2015, 00:42
I did a bit of a search, (not just here, but EASA, etc) but couldn't find my answer. Anyone out there know if there is an age limit for Private (Corporate) Jet operator in Europe? We're Canadian Op, frequently flying to Europe, operating only Private Ops.

Further, anyone know of age limits into Argentina, Chile, and other parts of South America?

I'd like to know if there are absolute age limits to act as crew member, and age limits to be PIC.

Thanks in advance.

Trim Stab
12th Nov 2015, 04:32
No limit in Europe for private ops - just need a valid medical.

noneya
12th Nov 2015, 06:33
wallypilot,

I don't believe there is a max age for "Private/Not for hire" pilots. I worked in a company with 2 guys that flew a Global to Europe almost weekly, one guy was 74 the other was 69, and it was never an issue. - This was also for a very large management company that did charter on most of the fleet, just happened this plane and the G I was flying did not do charters only owner trips. - By the way the guy that was 74 (now almost 80) is still flying the line and managing a private Challenger 604 out of South America now... The guy will out last guys half his age, trust me!!!

This was a few years ago so maybe someone with more recent experience can shed some light.

J

Pace
12th Nov 2015, 07:52
For private operations there is no limits only your medical.

For commercial operations it's 65 and over 60 one pilot has to be under 60

With the retirement age moving higher with the new 60s becoming the old 50s and people being healthier and living longer it seems an archaic attitude which wouldn't stand up well in the EU courts of human rights and age discrimination!

Especially when governments are encouraging people to carry on working into their 70s if they wish and protecting their rights to do so

Pace