PDA

View Full Version : Barrier air/ Flymysky

Jbrownie
10th Nov 2015, 01:27
Gdday, looking for more information on these two companies, entry requirements, etc. Most of the info I have found is outdated so any new info would be greatly appreciated. I have given them a call but seems most of the time the CP has been out flying

JB

ZKSUJ
13th Nov 2015, 09:33
Look up part 135 IFR requirements for fly my sky. I think its 750tt plus a certain amount of ifr, xc, night etc for the mins.
I can't remember them off the top of my head

lilflyboy262...2
14th Nov 2015, 07:00
Can't talk for FMS, but Barrier Air is a bit hit and miss at the moment for hours.
Caravan requires part 125 requirements plus 100hrs on turbines for insurance.
Chieftain is at least part 135 IFR. If you have time on type then its an advantage.
The islander and the partenavier is vfr/ifr. There is two guys that have gone on it with only 500hrs+ after chucking bags on the ramp for a bit.

They have taken a couple of P2F guys who will be right hand seat fillers. Long live the race to the bottom.

I did around 600hrs in the PA31 over a 12 month period but that was pretty high due to a stupidly high workload throughout the winter with the AA-KT-AA route.

Pay is daily rate, $10 a day more if you are IFR, but they are moving a few guys onto salary which works out to be less than the guys on daily rate.

I won't go into what it is like to work for them. That's a discussion to be held in private.

scroogee
15th Nov 2015, 00:32
lilflyboy- which owner was involved in your time?

27/09
15th Nov 2015, 06:12
They have taken a couple of P2F guys who will be right hand seat fillers. Long live the race to the bottom.

Speechless... Who the fk pays for RHS time in a single pilot aircraft?

Must have taken lessons from Dan.