PDA

View Full Version : EK International Cadets

Officer Kite
9th Nov 2015, 12:32
Emirates Flight Training Academy Orders 27 Aircraft | News | Media Centre | Emirates (http://www.emirates.com/english/about/media-centre/2774212/emirates-flight-training-academy-orders-27-aircraft)

"The Emirates Flight Training Academy will initially focus on Emirates’ existing cadet pilot programme for UAE nationals, with the aim to expand intake to other candidates in the future."

I assume they mean international cadets by "other" (I could be wrong, may be GCC), but does anyone know anymore information about this and if it is international cadets, when it may be likely they'll open up ?

SierraVictor
9th Nov 2015, 12:50
Dear Officer Kite,

I don´t think this is gonna happen, at least soon. That is a rumour since a long time but nothing has been announce for EK. Even Etihad is only opening the international cadet program every three years.:ugh: if i hear anything around here I will let you know.

BLOGGSON
9th Nov 2015, 13:57
They haven't said yet but it will be a while I think. They also put the most weasely, obnoxious, back stabbing man in aviation in charge of it, so don't expect it to be a model of integrity, where foreigners are concerned. It will be expensive, and it is most unlikely they will be offering any kind of job placement at the end of it. Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

ExDubai
9th Nov 2015, 14:58
Don't know why EK didn't start such a model years ago. That would have solved a lot of their issues.

Officer Kite
9th Nov 2015, 18:47
Thank you all for the info !

And Bloggson, I may be wrong but I was under the impression that this was an Emirates airline dedicated cadet scheme, that they would offer places to those who successfully pass training to the required standard. Of course this is not to be mixed up with the standard self sponsored ATPL Integrated route offered by Emirates flight training academy which offers candidates no route to Emirates airline whatsoever, with the only connection those students having with EK is the fact the school and airline are owned by the same group.

Deep and fast
10th Nov 2015, 06:42
They also put the most weasely, obnoxious, back stabbing man in aviation in charge of it

Aviation has plenty that fit that description! :}

Praise Jebus
12th Nov 2015, 08:59
"Other candidates" means cadets for other airlines......ie make some money