PDA

View Full Version : 748F into Wellcamp

TT738
6th Nov 2015, 21:01
A CX 748F will be the 1st international flight into Wellcamp Toowoomba later this month.

Jumbo jets into Wellcamp Airport bound for Asia | Chronicle (http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/jumbo-jets-wellcamp-airport-headed-asia/2831083/)

All they need now is to organise more regular combi flights, so they can take pax as well to HKG & elsewhere.

More work for everyone.

Combi 747-400's fly into HKG every day. Surely Wellcamp could support a once weekly 744 combi with roughly 250 seats.

From HKG can basically connect to anywhere & hundreds of destinations nonstop.

wishiwasupthere
6th Nov 2015, 22:55
You're not fooling anyone BNEA320.....

Stationair8
6th Nov 2015, 22:59
ABC Landline covered Wellcamp airport last Sunday, and the owners mentioned international freight was on there list.

Fieldmouse
6th Nov 2015, 23:14
Is fairly solidly built around the business park subdivision they plan for the airport surrounds. Pretty much like all airports.
Good luck to them and they really should be allowed to build Badgery's and save the taxpayer a $trillion or so.

RAD_ALT_ALIVE
6th Nov 2015, 23:24
Name the operators who fly combis into HKG every day...

DutyofCare
7th Nov 2015, 01:09
OK = What's the inbound cargo to Wellcamp going to be :confused:

OK = What's the outbound cargo to Hong Kong going to be :confused:

If it's stock from the Darling Downs = THAT COULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE PRODUCE :eek:

We do wish the project down there all the very best :ok: :ok: :ok:

rmcdonal
7th Nov 2015, 01:43
The plan was always to run fresh produce straight into Asia via the business park. The airport will also side on to the highway (freeway?), being built, going straight past it making it easier to bring South and West QLD and Northern NSW produce directly to the airport for overseas transport. The master plan for the apron area at Welcamp is HUGE.
What will, however, be interesting is watching aircraft trying to line up with the runway at the minima on the offset RNAV into 12. They may also need to fix up the PAPI on 12 before they try and get a 747 in there, it has been showing a fly up indication now for about 1 year.

Fieldmouse
7th Nov 2015, 01:57
DoC.
A lot of the Chinese money looking at Australia is from logistics companies.
They are looking for cheap hubs that bypass the capital city airports, and that hook into domestic road and rail. Think of this as the trial that Parkes would have killed for for 20 years ago with all it's' freight hub' talk.
Inbound loads will probably be cheap plastic crap and TV's eventually.
Enjoy the show, it's other peoples money and not the taxpayers for a change.

Capn Bloggs
7th Nov 2015, 03:15
What will, however, be interesting is watching aircraft trying to line up with the runway at the minima on the offset RNAV into 12.
RNP-AR, my son! :ok:

VH-FTS
7th Nov 2015, 05:24
Does anyone know if an engineering mod is available to drop the 747 below 20T? Would save a fortune on security screening.

rmcdonal
7th Nov 2015, 05:33
RNP-AR, my son!
Not sure a full RNP even exists for YBWW. The RNAV Y gives you center line tracking but the Z is only good if you drop out at the FAF, if you break visual at the minima then you have 0 chance of being stable by 500ft. RWY 12 RNAV-Y only available when Okey is not active.

Capn Bloggs
7th Nov 2015, 05:53
RM, I surmise that if an operation will be a (Cathay?) 747, an RNP-AR would be created if needed. Or Oakey would "close" for the arrival...

There are a few RNAV-Zs around that require bat-turns at the last second to line up; "Except for 'minor' heading changes to get/stay aligned with the runway...". :E

ACMS
7th Nov 2015, 06:19
I think my colleagues on the 748 that fly into places like JFK on the 13L Canarsie arrival at heavy weights 160 KTS IAS can handle a little offset......:D

rmcdonal
7th Nov 2015, 06:54
I think my colleagues on the 748 that fly into places like JFK on the 13L Canarsie arrival at heavy weights 160 KTS IAS can handle a little offset......
Pulled up a few you tube videos, looks like fun!. Lit up like a Christmas tree, visual at about 2000ft but the plate takes you to 800.
Please don't mistake me of making this sound harder than it is, but the RNAV Z onto 12 (the most common approach I have flown) is the maximum offset for a straight in IF approach, if you drop out of cloud at 600ft AGL (minimum) you will have trouble lining up and being stable (unless your company allows for lower than 500ft stable approaches).
Visually I normally knock the approach off at the FAF and track straight ahead until on center line.

All that said you could just easily fly a circuit into this airport, but the powers that be thought that we would hit to many gliders if we did that:cool:.

ACMS
7th Nov 2015, 07:39
Ummmmmm

I strongly suspect that the CX 748 will be crewed by CX Pilots :sad:

Steve Zissou
7th Nov 2015, 07:58
I think your post has gone over a few heads VH-FTS. I'm sure BNE320 got it though:D

Capn Bloggs
7th Nov 2015, 08:15
if you drop out of cloud at 600ft AGL (minimum) you will have trouble lining up and being stable (unless your company allows for lower than 500ft stable approaches).
Visually I normally knock the approach off at the FAF and track straight ahead until on center line.

RM, in reality, a lot of NPAs do just this: a VOR, for example, is very rarely aligned. Alpha Centauri will correct me, but I think that the offset angle is designed to put you on or near the CL (ie crossing it) at or near the MDA. One simple turn onto the CL. That approach has an MDA of over 580ft, so it would be similar to doing a VOR if the VOR site was located NNE of the field. RNAVs even conveniently show you where the turn-to-runway CL is: at Mike. Mike is at around 200ft AGL (0.8nm) which is closer than a VOR but that is probably due to the tracking accuracy. If you popped out at 600ft, you'd have over a mile/20+seconds to continue tracking across to the CL: do not turn straight to it otherwise you will get tangled up.

As for the Stab Approach criteria, these were of course "created" for straight-ins. Enlightened operators had lower limits to cater for NPAs/circling. Now that we are all beholden to the FSF 1000ft/500ft guidelines, exceptions have to be, have been and should be written in to your company rules to allow for such approaches with late turns onto the CL. Try doing a circuit when you have to be stable at 1000ft... ;)

Get out there when AMCS' mates do their route-proving and give us a report on how they go! :}

Capt Claret
7th Nov 2015, 08:32
I think your post has gone over a few heads VH-FTS. I'm sure BNE320 got it though. :D

Not at all, I though it was very clever. :ok:

NowThatsFunny
7th Nov 2015, 08:36
Cap'n,

This particular RNAV has you pointing at the threshold at the maximum offset. If visual, to get lined up on finals requires a left turn to intercept followed by a right turn to straighten up on final. It's not the typical offset approach with inbound track to intercept finals. Then, as RM said, you have to contend with the PAPI.

rmcdonal
7th Nov 2015, 09:00
One simple turn onto the CL. I just don't see that working. This approach puts you at the minima offset tracking 15 degrees, an easy fix in a baron, but in a 747? Think left turn 30deg at 600ft, followed by 45 deg right at about 200ft. At the FAF maintaining heading you will roll wings level at about 600ft onto center line, the rest of the approach will not take you there.
As NowThatsFunny says, It's not the typical offset approach with inbound track to intercept finals..
There is no reason for this to be a hard airport to get into accept for Oakey airspace to the north (active at strange times) and some gliders to the south.

The RNAV Y, no problems.

ACMS
7th Nov 2015, 12:18
The CX 748 is Cat D and will have to do the RNAV 12 Y or the 30 Z.

Therefore straight in only for them, this curved Z app isn't applicable for them.

I'm told it will arrive from SYD tankering fuel.

halas
7th Nov 2015, 12:52
Last month carried 68 tonnes of milk formula from SYD to HKG for some mainland customer.

halas

haughtney1
7th Nov 2015, 13:27
Halas, how did you get a SYD freighter? I can't get one for love or......

All this talk of RNP would be right up the alley of the CX freighter mafia, splendid aviators those chaps, not an austronaught amongst em :E

Capn Bloggs
7th Nov 2015, 20:48
This particular RNAV has you pointing at the threshold at the maximum offset.
No it doesn't.

This approach puts you at the minima offset tracking 15 degrees, an easy fix in a baron, but in a 747? Think left turn 30deg at 600ft, followed by 45 deg right at about 200ft. At the FAF maintaining heading you will roll wings level at about 600ft onto center line, the rest of the approach will not take you there.
No!

Mike is on the centreline at 0.8nm. Look at the chart. All that is required is a 15° right turn at Mike. Other RNAVs are similar.

No approach has you "pointing at the threshold" (a lot of database coding strings have that, but they shouldn't). The charted approaches all require only one turn onto the CL.

alphacentauri
7th Nov 2015, 23:11
Sorry I'm late, I missed this thread...

First bit of info is that these approaches are not Airservices, they are a 3rd party so this info comes second hand.

You will note the RNAV-Z 12 is not authorised for CAT D aeroplanes. It complies with PANS-OPS wrt to the criteria but is unflyable for CAT D aircraft. Was tested in a 747 sim, and found that they could not get stable for final approach.

That being said, the alignment criteria is max 15° offset from the CL, but cannot cross the CL any closer than 1400m. I don't know what the CL crossing distance is but with Oakey so close to the north my guess is that it would be at 1400m. This crossing point is also the common location for the missed approach point. This was the only way they could design the approach without requiring an exemption from CASA MOS173.

A lesson here for CASA...in complying with your bulls**t rules, you have forced the outcome which is that in order to comply, the procedure is unflyable. The only procedure that is flyable is unavailable most of the time. The airspace containment and separation criteria is a joke...

The RNAV-Y is the preferred approach (obviously) but has issues with Oakey....it got political in the end.

Alpha

aussie1234
8th Nov 2015, 02:24
Wasn't Kai Tak something like 400 ft wings level off the checkerboard approach?

Dora-9
8th Nov 2015, 03:26
Wasn't Kai Tak something like 400 ft wings level off the checkerboard approach?

Possibly lower than that - the Rwy 13 IGS had a 675 ft DH for a Cat D aircraft with an ensuing turn required through 48 degrees at a sink rate in the order of 800 fpm (more with a B744F at MLW) - you do the maths....

TT738
8th Nov 2015, 07:49
bad alt live

believe KLM flies 744 combis daily or 6 times a week AMS/HKG

Capn Bloggs
8th Nov 2015, 08:04
Others with a close-in turn to final:

YGLA 10: Mike at 1.0nm, 10° turn
YNWN 05: Mike at 0.8nm (1480m), 7° turn
YPBO 24: Mike at 0.8nm, 10°.

Having done a few of these ones, one should to resist the temptation to turn towards the runway if one pops out fairly low. Just keep on trucking over to the CL and then do one small turn. The technique of turning towards the CL (ie away from the runway) and then jinking back when on the CL (as RMD describes above) is a bit sus and not necessary. If your Stab Approach rules don't allow a turn to track the CL at Mike below 500ft, get them changed.

As for Oakey, get on to your local RAPAC and get something sorted out. And don't forget to be on the CTAF at the same time... or was that the Area? (just kidding just kidding! Published, use the CTAF!) :}

rmcdonal
8th Nov 2015, 09:44
Stable approach is whatever you want it to be as long as you say "special briefing" :E
I just try to avoid making turns onto center line at 250ft.
Anyway it doesn't really matter, as its not for Cat D anyway, and so far I have been able to get off the approach at NF each time. :ok:

Skystar320
8th Nov 2015, 13:45
Hello BNE320!!!!!! Dont like your new username

NowThatsFunny
9th Nov 2015, 11:55
alphacentauri
but cannot cross the CL any closer than 1400m. I don't know what the CL crossing distance is but with Oakey so close to the north my guess is that it would be at 1400m.

Capn Bloggs:
No it doesn't.

Perhaps you guys should take a trip to Wellcamp and shoot an approach or two.

Mike is on the centreline at 0.8nm. Look at the chart.
:ugh:Now that's amazing. You're trying to tell people who actually fly this approach what they should be seeing based on a "not to scale" chart. I think you can trust us when we say we are looking directly at the threshold and we're way off centreline.

Given that the PAPIs at this airport have been garbage from day one despite CASA requirements for accuracy, don't go thinking any other aspects of these approaches is by the book.:rolleyes: (In the past I've said to my offsider on the 30 RNAV "If I give you slope calls it will be based on the PAPI on the left because the one on the right is wrong" and they were very wrong for a long time)

Check_Thrust
9th Nov 2015, 21:24
I doubt the 748F is anything but a Cat D aircraft and if this is the case, as it has already been mentioned, it would mean for an instrument approach onto runway 12 they would have to conduct the RNAV-Y procedure (with compliance from Oakey) which makes a lot of this discussion about the RNAV-Z procedure moot.

NowThatsFunny:
You're trying to tell people who actually fly this approach what they should be seeing based on a "not to scale" chart.I acknowledge that you may have first hand experience of conducting these approaches, however I have reservations about your statement. Since when are approach charts (not SIDs and STARs) "not to scale"? If you use Jepps I suggest you look at the left side of the chart, if you use DAPs I suggest you look slightly right of the MSA diagram (where it states "Scale 1:500,000").

Given that both the RNAV-Z and RNAV-Y share the same MAPt (BWWNM) and that the RNAV-Y has an inbound course of 122° which matches the runway track of 122°, unless the approach course is offset from the centreline (which I doubt, but I don't have first hand experience at YBWW) resulting in the approach being parallel to it rather than on it, I can't see some of these manoeuvres described previously being required. Given that BWWNM is 0.8nm from the threshold (as stated on the chart) I'd say these manoeuvres are being conducted due people interpreting the visual cues in a way that makes them think that they won't intercept the centreline prior to the threshold rather than a fault with the approach design (however these approaches are designed by humans therefore it is possible that there could be errors).

As for the comments about the PAPI, I could easily believe that as it wouldn't be the first place and probably won't be the last to experience that issue.

Capn Bloggs
10th Nov 2015, 10:11
I think you can trust us when we say we are looking directly at the threshold and we're way off centreline.
If you're looking at the threshold before you get to Mike, then yes, you will, by definition, still be off the centreline at that point. You've got to go all the way in to 0.8nm from the threshold before you'll be on the CL. That's 250ft AAL.

ACMS
15th Nov 2015, 02:23
Which is why we are trying to get the Z approved for CATD.
Won't be just Cargo CX going there next year, some pax charters to.

HEALY
15th Nov 2015, 02:49
With all this discussion about how why and what kind of approach the boys can do into this joint they will have to start their CTWO brief somewhere close to MAVRA jeeeezus

OK4Wire
15th Nov 2015, 02:52
Nah, a standard "Nike" brief ought to do it!

:ok:

Di_Vosh
15th Nov 2015, 05:09
Notes for Wellcamp:

I flew in and out of there quite a few times this year, but not since late August, so if things have changed I apologise.

The 12 RNAV has been covered quite extensively, and though tempted I wont add any more.

The 30 RNAV is more mundane. However, as of last time I flew in there the PAPI doesn't line up with the touchdown zone.

If you're coming up from Sydney and Amberley airspace is active you can expect an ATC requirement to be at or below 10,000' by 60Nm to run.

For you Cathay guys, I'd suggest that you get the ground staff to activate the lighting. The PAL system isn't standard.

At Qlink we're required to broadcast on the glider frequency but in all my times in and out of there I never even got a response. Far more hazardous are the other aircraft in the vicinity. It can get very busy in the terminal area.

Enjoy.

Capn Bloggs
15th Nov 2015, 11:19
The 30 RNAV is more mundane. However, as of last time I flew in there the PAPI doesn't line up with the touchdown zone.

Yes, MEHT 75ft. Big 'plane setting. :ok:

Rotaiva
15th Nov 2015, 13:59
I find the better briefing is the 'mini-skirt' briefing...

"long enough to cover the essentials... short enough to keep me interested!"

maggot
15th Nov 2015, 19:54
Yes, MEHT 75ft. Big 'plane setting. :ok:

Well its too high for a 380 so...
So maybe its for the medium quad trainer

Di_Vosh
15th Nov 2015, 20:44
Yes, MEHT 75ft. Big 'plane setting.

ROFLMAO!

Tullamarine has the same setting but not the same issue. At Wellcamp RWY30 in Day VMC once established on final you can EITHER fly the PAPI OR you can fly to the aimpoint markings. You cannot do both.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all that difficult. But it's not as straight forward as some on here are making out.

But typical of Prune: People who're actually flying into and out of an airport giving tips to a new operator are being bagged by people who've never flown into the place before. :rolleyes:

DIVOSH!

Di_Vosh
15th Nov 2015, 21:31
tweetytheexcel

I probably didn't make myself clear in my post. My comment

At Qlink we're required to broadcast on the glider frequency but in all my times in and out of there I never even got a response.

wasn't an implication that the Glider guys are anything other than professional in the conduct of their activity. I meant that in the dozen or so times I've been in and out of Wellcamp there was no glider activity.

DIVOSH!

Delta_Foxtrot
15th Nov 2015, 23:10
alphacentauri, your #26 assumptions/descriptions are spot on.

Capn Bloggs
16th Nov 2015, 04:05
Tullamarine has the same setting but not the same issue. At Wellcamp RWY30 in Day VMC once established on final you can EITHER fly the PAPI OR you can fly to the aimpoint markings. You cannot do both.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all that difficult. But it's not as straight forward as some on here are making out.

But typical of Prune: People who're actually flying into and out of an airport giving tips to a new operator are being bagged by people who've never flown into the place before.
Bit touchy there, Divosh. I'm not trying to bag you, just trying to understand how an airport about to receive international heavies has such an apparently screwed-up PAPI system.

The start of the big white squares (not the little ones beforehand) should be at 400m. The PAPIs should be about 436m/1429ft in from the threshold in this case. Please confirm.

Please also describe what your [company's] "touchdown zone" is.

ULH Extreme
16th Nov 2015, 05:39
Okay guys, get your electronic note books out and see how much freight the 748 can carry out of Wellcamp to HK. Wx 220/15 , 25c , 1010, dry rw, Rw 9400' [ don't know how much avail ] elv 1520'amsl, .

For a one way load, it will wanna be good. Maybe their bringing in a million T-shirts ?

Avinthenews
16th Nov 2015, 05:56
748F

Nil wind, 25C, 1010.

Runway 30 RTOW 409.9

Runway 12 RTOW 396.0

So 100T plus of load.

744ERF about the same load

How's it Hanging
22nd Nov 2015, 08:25
Rumour has it tomorrow is first Cathay flight into Wellcamp...

Arr 1430
Dep 1645

BuzzBox
22nd Nov 2015, 09:05
For a one way load, it will wanna be good.

Err, it's not a one way load. The aircraft is operating HKG - SYD and then SYD - WTB - HKG. I dare say it will take a full load down to SYD from HKG, a part load out of SYD, then top it up to the max possible weight out of WTB.

It's happening tomorrow afternoon.

Duck Pilot
22nd Nov 2015, 09:13
Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqfAngQ4foI

Look closely and you may even see me!

Section28- BE
22nd Nov 2015, 09:33
Giday- 'How's it Drifting/Dangling' & All-

'That' is about, what I am hearing from a bloody long way away............., for what that maybe not worth.

The out bit, 'rumour' would have it..............., as- Veg and Beef.

We probably should leave- Protein, and I guess the recent DRW Port Sale (Yes Malcolm- 'Apparently', Adam did do a Deal on the Whole Show for 99 years.../ who knew!!!!!).

Oh- and 'Maybe'......, S.A. Kidman (pending why the Meal Ticket Holders stuttered????- Woomera, really!!!)/last tranch of the Ord/Wollogorang...., etc- to the Free Trade Professionals/Elected Meal Voucher Holders .............

Rgds all
S28- BE
(without sub-titles- ;))

framer
22nd Nov 2015, 09:50
I literally don't understand what you said so subtitles in English would help.
Ta

Section28- BE
22nd Nov 2015, 10:02
Those that do will............., Framer- no never mind (all cool:cool::cool:.......... fulla.)

And bloody good luck to you........, trust you don't rely on what 'we' can actually produce........

rgds
S28- BE

megle2
22nd Nov 2015, 10:53
For me I find it pretty exciting that Wagners continue to put it together
18 months ago we were all arguing that they they couldn't even build a airport Now we are hacking on about the WW Papi and runway alignment. In 24 hours a 74 will have been and gone! Is there anything else in Aus that can match this achievement!

22nd Nov 2015, 11:29
Is there anything else in Aus that can match this achievement!
Not if any bureaucrats were involved.

Just think how different the Sydney basin would be now if BC had been built back in the 1990s.

PaarmReader
23rd Nov 2015, 04:36
Arrived on time, with a minimum of fuss as far as I can see. These pix taken about 15nm south as it passed through about 8,000'.

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/gbutts9/pprune01_zpsvhsibgpi.jpg

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w419/gbutts9/pprune02_zpsrv1tvtgp.jpg

spinex
23rd Nov 2015, 07:19
Seems said 747 managed to successfully negotiate the perils of Wellcamp, both inbound and out. Quite a mob turned up to welcome her.

First cargo flight leaves Toowoomba's Wellcamp Airport laden with Queensland produce - ABC Rural (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-23/first-cargo-flight-leaves-toowoombas-wellcamp-airport/6963512)

wheels_down
24th Nov 2015, 00:23
Close the stupid thread!

gchriste
24th Nov 2015, 00:36
Nice photo of it departing with lightening in the background taken last night.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153240378678161&set=o.139175562844906&type=3&theater

Capn Bloggs
24th Nov 2015, 04:30
8000ft at 15nm?? ACMS, explain yourself!

Wheels Down, you close your browser then we won't have to close the thread! :}

ACMS
24th Nov 2015, 05:54
Wasn't there Bloogsy but a lot of senior managers were......:eek:

How they coped I don't know:E

TT738
24th Nov 2015, 07:44
bring on the weekly 744 combi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheredidwhogo
27th Nov 2015, 16:06
Can only be good for the big T

megle2
28th May 2016, 06:26
I see there is a pax international charter direct to Shanghai in October becoming the first international flight

Tee Emm
28th May 2016, 10:44
Then, as RM said, you have to contend with the PAPI.

Has anyone gone to the bother of reporting the PAPI anomaly through official channels so that a calibration aircraft can conduct a proper flight test on it?

rmcdonal
31st May 2016, 17:04
Has anyone gone to the bother of reporting the PAPI anomaly through official channels so that a calibration aircraft can conduct a proper flight test on it?
Multiple times, to both the company and the aerodrome operator directly.
The operator refused to use a flight test to check the lights.
This was not a one off event it occurred EVERY single time I flew in there and used RWY12. I reported it multiple times. NOTHING changed. So eventually I just briefed to ignore them completely and stopped bothering with putting in reports.

rmcdonal
31st May 2016, 17:06
By the way I have some interesting pics of the threshold of RWY 30 where the 747 landed, when I get a chance I will put them up. Not exactly what I would call the touchdown zone.....

Peter Pan Pan
31st May 2016, 19:36
I haven't flown in there personally to see the PAPI issue, but I'm interested to know at what point does the PAPI become useless? ie..

-Is the problem the same for the RNAV-Z and RNAV-Y procedure? (one is offset, the other isn't)

-If you are on the published 3 degree CDA profile per the approach plate do you have an on-slope indication all the way to TCH? If not, when does it start diverging? Are you on-slope at MDA?

Cheers
PPP

LostProperty
12th Oct 2016, 04:55
Bit of a milk run but Cathay must think it is worth A try. The owners of Wellcamp have done well to achieve this in 2 years from startup.

Cathay Pacific to start weekly Wellcamp freighter service | Australian Aviation (http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/10/cathay-to-start-weekly-wellcamp-freighter-service/)

TurboProp2120
12th Oct 2016, 05:28
Fantastic achievement for the Wagners. A very impressive airport and the CX 748 will allow for some great plane spotting!

CharlieLimaX-Ray
12th Oct 2016, 06:11
The Wagner family will be crying in their beer, when Badgery Creek airport is up and running in a few years time!

onehitwonder
12th Oct 2016, 06:40
i hear wagners are working with an airport in the south to do exactly what theyve done with wellcamp....

12th Oct 2016, 11:51
The Wagner family will be crying in their beer, when Badgery Creek airport is up and running in a few years time!

So farmers are going to load their produce onto trucks - or our high-speed inland rail- send it to Badgery Creek to fly it to Asia.

Now lets see, it took over a century for a new Redcliffe rail line to be built and opened by the State Government.

How long have the Feds been working on Badgery Creek?

Capt Claret
12th Oct 2016, 12:28
... when Badgery Creek airport is up and running in a few years time!

Badgerys Creek was announced as Sydney's second airport 30 years ago when I started flying for a living. I don't think the Wagner's should hold their breath.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
12th Oct 2016, 20:12
The Wagner family have built something from scratch in a very limited time frame, yet our elected Canberra fools are still running around in circles talking up the Badgery Creek dream!

Perhaps we could get the Wagner family to run Australia?

onetrack
13th Oct 2016, 02:01
Duck Pilot - Great video on the Komo airfield - in fact, airport is probably a more precise description. Thanks for the link to the story - as an engineer/earthmover, I really enjoyed it.

I trust Wagners make a go of Wellcamp. Any substantial infrastructure that improves Australia's trading capacity can only be good for the long term.
Far better than the vast amount of taxpayers money pi$$ed up against the wall on useless Govt expenditure, that returns absolutely nothing to the nation.

XPT
13th Oct 2016, 04:52
KLM run a daily 747 combi from Amsterdam to Hong Kong. How much of a stretch would it be to continue onto Wellcamp, so Wellcamp could also offer passenger services to the whole world via Hong Kong ?

DJ737
13th Oct 2016, 07:27
CX schedule for Wellcamp Eff 21/11/16 :

Cathay Pacific Cargo adds Brisbane West Wellcamp service from Nov 2016 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/269321/cathay-pacific-cargo-adds-brisbane-west-wellcamp-service-from-nov-2016/?platform=hootsuite)

Atlas Shrugged
17th Oct 2016, 02:14
How much of a stretch would it be to continue onto Wellcamp, so Wellcamp could also offer passenger services to the whole world via Hong Kong ?

For the whole 302 people that live there?

:rolleyes:

Di_Vosh
17th Oct 2016, 02:27

Few more than that in the greater Toowoomba area...

DIVOSH!

LostProperty
17th Oct 2016, 06:22
Don't suppose you were the First Officer on a QLink flight I was on into Wellcamp just after Christmas. He wished the passengers a pleasant stay at West Wellcamp - must have been his first time on that route!

Di_Vosh
17th Oct 2016, 07:01
Me? No.

Last time I went into Wellcamp was over 12 months ago.

Cheers,

DIVOSH!

LostProperty
18th Oct 2016, 07:08

Sorry Di Vosh. The comment was meant for Atlas Shrugged.

Di_Vosh
18th Oct 2016, 07:49
Oh.

DIVOSH!