PDA

View Full Version : Modular vs Integrated

Biscuit
19th Jun 2002, 12:12
Hi, I have a question regarding Modular and Integrated ATPLs if anyone can help me please. I almost have the cash and very keen to begin my ATPL within the next 6 months. I will be 27 by then. If completing the Modular ATPL, at say OAT, doing the modules back to back, will this not mean achieving the ATPL in roughly the same time as an Integrated course and be approx 20 grand cheaper? What is the main downside to this? I understand airlines prefer Integrated grads but if the Modular course is completed without a break, is this not more or less the same as doing an Integrated course?

Appreciate any replies. Thanks.

Wee Weasley Welshman
19th Jun 2002, 12:47
There is little to no material difference between Modular and Integrated training done at a FTO that provides both options e.g. CABAIR, OATS.

In fact if you did them back to back I would not let potential employers labor under the impression you did the integrated course. Your logbook and exam dates will support this idea.

I see no advantage to the Integrated course other than continuity of class mates.

(I used to instruct on an integrated course in Jerez)

Good luck,

ps I would not rush as the moment to get all your licenses and ratings. A 6 month delay might be wise as the market for jobs is very oversupplied at present.

Biscuit
25th Jun 2002, 13:25
WWW,

Thanks for your comments. I think I will pursue the modular route completing the modules consecutively as that means I can get the ATPL done in the least time and gives me a chance get some more cash in the later stages if things get tight. There seems to be a fair saving in the overall cost too.