PDA

View Full Version : AMS - the "new" security process on connections

puffyflyer
6th Nov 2015, 17:12
Went to Belgium a few weeks ago with KLM via AMS and was pleasantly surprised with the new security systems in place at AMS

Gone are those body x-ray arches at every gate and bag scanners that with such tiny spaces around the gates in AMS usually resenbled a rugby scrum

Much better with the new centralised area...very fast, very efficient

Can now finally get a shorter connection time on my flight choices through AMS so not hanging around there for hours and hours

Not that AMS is a bad airport cos it certainly is not, but when organising flight connections having to always make sure of leaving at least two hours tween connections due to security checks in AMS gate areas being so exhausting, it will be really nice to zip through there on a 55 minute connection at last

jackieofalltrades
6th Nov 2015, 20:55
Yes, I've flown through there a couple of times in recent weeks and have to agree that the new security is much preferable and makes for a smoother, more pleasant connecting experience.

PAXboy
6th Nov 2015, 21:21
Oh dear. Not AMS introducing yet another helpful way of doing things? Will they never learn ... :rolleyes:

Dryce
8th Nov 2015, 17:22
Transiting via AMS off an early morning inbound longhaul has traditionally been a much better experience than the centralised hell of the likes of T5 and the traditional LHR flight connections setup.

5711N0205W
8th Nov 2015, 18:46
AMS is my transit airport of choice, LHR T5 works well outbound, inbound is just crap, FRA great for exercise in the massive distance you need to cover in a short space of time and as for CDG, don't think I need to say much..

cavortingcheetah
8th Nov 2015, 18:52
Very much improved. Now if only they'd clear up the construction work which, thank goodness, has more to do with structural reinforcements to allow second floor development than extending shopping.

ExXB
9th Nov 2015, 14:44
Have they sorted their connecting baggage issues? For some time they were not highly recommended for on-line KL, let alone interline connections.

Hotel Tango
18th Nov 2015, 06:25
ExXB: Worked ok for me the last couple of times (Europe - USA) with 70 min connections, latest being last week. Was C class though. The return legs had much longer connecting times, so no problem. In the past whenever I experienced problems it was only with short Intercontinental to European connections.

ExXB
18th Nov 2015, 07:55
HT thanks. Good to know.