PDA

View Full Version : Sharm el Sheikh

vctenderness
6th Nov 2015, 12:30
I'm really surprised that there is not a thread here on SSH considering the current situation.

The Easy Jet situation looks interesting with SKY reporting that there is a lot of confusion around number of flights out.

Also the security situation with no hold luggage being accepted and talk of it being repatriated by military.

Heard a chap this morning telling of how a security guard offered to take him through without queuing for £20. This is apparently quite,common.

I think there is more to this than we are aware of although that's not a bad thing.

Alsacienne
6th Nov 2015, 12:47
... and whilst this post will probably get moved, I feel very strongly - and have no other place to post - that whilst Egypt, Russia, the UK, the UK operators trying to get the UK holidaymakers home and the holidaymakers themselves ... all of them (and probably more 'groups' that I haven't thought of) are sounding off to the media, and (in some cases) playing political games .....

ISIL/ISIS/Daesh are having a field day

....... perhaps causing the original tragedy ... but certainly getting their propaganda 'money's worth' out of the aftermath.

WORK TOGETHER PEEPS if you want to improve the situation (even if only in the short term).

al_renko
6th Nov 2015, 13:12
Michael Kevin O'Leary will be a happy chappy today,no hold luggage,fantastic news!

VC10man
6th Nov 2015, 13:55
Monarch flight MON8008 is circling around north of Sharm and over the gulf of Aqaba. It's a A321 and I wonder how much fuel is left?

robbie1973
6th Nov 2015, 14:25
Looks like Mon8008 is diverting to Hurghada !

robbie1973
6th Nov 2015, 14:35
Quite are few diversions, TOM362 ex Manchester is diverting to Paphos and EZY9020 & EZY9021 & EZY9022 all ex Luton, EZY9007 ex Stanstead (Titan 767) and EZY9024 ex Gatwick are all diverting to Larnaca.

Evanelpus
8th Nov 2015, 20:52
If you look at FR24, it shows quite a few flights cancelled today out of Sharm.

pabely
9th Nov 2015, 00:04
Thomson running 787s and EZY running Titan 767 all help to get everyone home

pabloc
11th Nov 2015, 17:33
Who will pay for all the repatriation flights,delays,luggage home etc...the airlines or the government??

pabely
11th Nov 2015, 20:40
Which Government? Egyptian, Russian, British, ISIS.........?

rutankrd
11th Nov 2015, 20:54
Who will pay for all the repatriation flights,delays,luggage home etc...the airlines or the government??

Claims on the ATOL Bond holders and individual travel insurances will cover many/most of those on organised package tours with Thomas Cook/Thomson (TUI) group and British Airways Holidays and the like

Individual traveler will need to make claims on their travel insurance policies subject to restrictions -better getta reading the fine fine print!

Shed-on-a-Pole
11th Nov 2015, 20:54
The tourists on the ground have already paid for their homeward travel as part of their package holiday or return flight booking. It is upto the tour operators and airlines involved to bear the cost of getting their clients back home to the UK.