PDA

View Full Version : GMA letter

elgringo
6th Nov 2015, 11:25
No base slots in November due to shortage of training rescources.

Training rescources? How many jokers would be required? How many type changes?

I would venture to say that quite a few base bids would be filled by guys already current and qualified on type.

This is probably more along the lines of not enough crew to cover Hong Kong or perhaps punishing us for CC?

This is will be a popular announcement...

Jzt
6th Nov 2015, 12:04
Glad you brought this up.
It's an outrage.
His crap is ......crap.
They are delusional to think we are anywhere near close

Yonosoy Marinero
6th Nov 2015, 12:33
If they stick to seniority for the base slots, and they should, then they might be 'right'. The next few in line might be Airbus jockeys.

Whether it serves them as a convenient punishing measure... that's another thing.

Trafalgar
6th Nov 2015, 13:38
Guys. It's a completely transparent dig at CC. They are hurting because the pipeline of trainers slammed shut once the AOA called out members regarding training positions. Let them play their silly petty games. We are bringing them down quickly, and spiteful moves like this only highlight the fact. The good thing is the GMA has now quickly shown us how venal he is, and we can deal with him accordingly. This company is a sick joke, getting sicker by the day. Hey, GMA, why don't you actually do something that is POSITIVE for a change? (oh, and you too Anna). Keep trying your worn out playsheet. None of us really care any more. Most of us now 'live' CC, and we will NEVER go back to the way it was, no matter what you try and do. You and the rest of the Swire bunch are not worthy of one ounce of our goodwill.

Bo Wing
7th Nov 2015, 02:27
They even have the FRMS Committee now trying to undermine CC. Did you read this little gem from the latest FRMS Bulletin?

"While crew have the right to uncontactable periods, actively checking for roster changes provides crew with maximum notice of roster changes, and enables crew to change their rest strategies to maximise the chance of being fit for duty".

So, it's our fault when we are fatigued due to an unreasonable roster change because we didn't check our roster well enough in advance. Defies belief and I'm really disappointed in the pilots on the FRMS Committee that put their names to this bulletin! :mad:

Frogman1484
7th Nov 2015, 04:20
Guys,

They have no crews!!! they are cancelling a **** load of sectors. Doha has been canned, Maldives will be next ! Moscow went earlier this year. Cancelling the N Sim. 3 man sectors going with no RQ FO etc.

This is just on the Airbus. Wait until the 777 grinds to a halt due to most of the crews reaching their 900 hours. Read the GMA update and you will see how they are hurting! They were going to withhold a majority if not all of the airbus leave slots for next year! The 777 has not been able to give out all of their leave for the year! This month I could not even get a G day request on my roster...that's how tight things are!

The real reason for no bases is that they need more crews in Hong Kong to man the flood of A350's that are coming next year. 6 weeks to go for the first A350 course and we still do not know who is going to do it.

Guys get your popcorn slippers and warm woolly blanket as this is going to be a really cold winter storm!!!:ok:

Trafalgar
7th Nov 2015, 06:27
I can safely say that my operation is as 'safe' as it's possible to be. :E

Arfur Dent
7th Nov 2015, 06:47
"Safety is our Number One priority"
Yup - Ours too!!:ok:

betpump5
7th Nov 2015, 07:26
Are there a lack of Trainers? hmm, Maybe.
Is a lack of trainers causing reduced base slots? Come on, wake up and smell the Illy Coffee guys.

I'll tell you why. Around 2 years ago to 18 months ago, BEFORE Contract Compliance happened, we were already hearing numbers about a shortage of trainers. Random BS numbers would be talked about on the Bus to the plane, in the Gay Bar, after a sim "Oh I heard we are short by 50 on the Airbus, 30 on the Tripla" blah blah blah...zzzz

Take a look at The Trainers' Home page- updated July 2015. I can assure you there is a lot more MUG shots on those pages than there were 2 years ago. An example being the BTC team of the Airbus, 3 newly promoted. AND all three are AOA members.

And I can also assure you that there is a lot more MUG shots going to be added to those pages in the next few months.

You have to hand it to Cathay Pacific. In a time of Contact Compliance where the AOA have specifically stated NOT to take a training slot, they have actually increased the numbers in the C&T team. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lack of trainers causing no base slots? Yeah, whatever.

bm330
7th Nov 2015, 07:41
Frog

Do you know why the 350 sim has been locked up lately?

Heard rumor that Links only supplied hardware and flight model - no database. Can't train if there are no airports to fly to.

betpump5
7th Nov 2015, 07:47
bm330,

please don't come onto a public forum and insinuate that our great managers would go half-cocked and buy something without reading the small print to make sure it is complete. :E

How are those Airbus EFBs? Nice to see a little workaround issued in an NTC. I loved the technical jargon those clowns came up with - really sounds professional:BYOD - Bring your own devices. :D

RAT Management
7th Nov 2015, 08:07
They are not going to give in. The solution is easy but they just don't want to enact it. It's a loss of control! The whole thing is crap. The AOA are Crap. the CC is Crap. This whinge site is Crap. The only way to solve anything is to leave! how many times have you been down route and had a crap sleep and you decided to push through because you knew your colleagues would have your back. Now with 3 man LRO there can be no more pushing through. But i am sure the trial is a new word for implementation as far as this mob are concerned. Welcome to the new era! Crap job, crap life!.... But keep it going with CC it's really working! Fokkers!

asianeagle
7th Nov 2015, 08:16
They were going to withhold a majority if not all of the airbus leave slots for next year!

They can't... they already owe me 12 weeks for next year. I didn't get any in 2015 and I am sure I'm not the only one. They HAVE to give us leave next year which makes them even more screwed!!

Yonosoy Marinero
7th Nov 2015, 08:49
insinuate that our great managers would go half-cocked and buy something without reading the small print

Well, they obviously bought the A350 thinking it would fly itself...
:}

Trafalgar
7th Nov 2015, 22:56
Well, I have my own rostering 'solution'....hehe. And so should the rest of you. Currently sitting on 10 days off for a bad elbow, very debilitating dontcha know!(ok, not actually the real reason, but I AM enjoying the time off...). If they can't get off their arses and provide a suitable rostering environment, then they have to expect that most of us will take matters into our own hands. I actually prefer this, as it allows me to take off exactly the days I want, when I want. You know, like most first world airlines when you've accrued some seniority. We have a bunch of worthless, mindless, venal managers who's ONLY consideration is themselves. Come to terms with that and all will be well. CC forever :ok:

Tea time
8th Nov 2015, 09:35
They make it sound so difficult to find a solution to the current impasse
When actually it's very simple,

1) a very substantial pay rise for all crew and I do mean substantial
2 ) housing for all in HK based crew
3) a decent seniority based roster system
4 ) crew to be treated with respect by management

Suddenly all the problems are gone . It really is that simple

White None
8th Nov 2015, 09:50
I hear you my friend but I think in reality it's your "Beer Time" :bored: