PDA

View Full Version : good student at flight school ???

bitt
19th Jun 2002, 10:11
Can anyone tell me, after finished flight school ( to the fATPL )
is there some "ranking" of students ( at the same school ),
for example, if I finish some of that school can I be in better position if I work harder than somebody else who doesn't;
or everybody who get the licence is in the same position
while searching for a job.

Best wishes,

Tancic Bogdan

Ivan Ivanovich
19th Jun 2002, 22:34
There has been occasions in the past where chief flying instructors have recommended certain trainee pilots to airlines when asked. Do not base your chances on this! It happens, but not necessarily always.

The best you can do is work hard, be overtly enthusiastic, and give your school every reason to believe that you would pass a type rating with little trouble and make a great pilot. It's often a matter of personality! Make people want to fly with you!

Good Luck

Ivan

Wee Weasley Welshman
19th Jun 2002, 23:18
Sometimes ex-instructors are asked for references and sometimes when airlines ask large FTO's for a shortlist its the old instructors that the CFI asks to nominate names. I have seen this happen.

One thing is true. Aviation is a small world. Its as likely that you will be able to help your old instructor as he is to help you so it works both ways.

General Principal: treat every day and every person as if you are under assessment. That way you will rarely go wrong.

pseudorandomnoise
20th Jun 2002, 16:20
In my humble opinion, yes!

The extent will depend on the professionalism of the school you attend!!

Work hard.