PDA

View Full Version : Xiamen Airlines

LimaVictor
4th Nov 2015, 04:30
Hi people,
does anybody has any experience or hard facts about this job offer with Xiamen?:

For Option 1, China residency

An all in yearly package totaling 506,000 US$ per year before tax

Before tax remuneration is based on an all in after tax package (averaged over 6 years) of 322,800 US$ per year at a Chinese taxation rate of 36.2 %. Higher home taxation rates would increase the before tax remuneration level. The net of tax package encompasses the following:

a monthly remuneration package, including allowance and bonuses, averaging 26,900 US$ net of taxes as follows:
for 75 block hours per calendar month, a monthly salary of 21,889 US$ net of Chinese taxes.
overtime pay at 300 US$ net of Chinese taxes for block hours above 900 hours per twelve months;
a yearly safety bonus net of Chinese taxes of 24,000 US $ per year.
forty two days of paid vacation per twelve months of service;
the benefits listed below.

Can this possibly be true??::eek:

Thanks for any info about it.
happy landings :ok:

LV

radarbeaam
21st Nov 2015, 14:36
I saw the add too. Is anyone here flying for Xiamen? The pay looks great and also learnt that Xiamen was ranked second most suitable city for living (some 9 years ago, but still).
So waiting for guys already there to give us some info.

radarbeaam
23rd Nov 2015, 11:48
to Wyomingpilot, I received your email, but it seems I'm unable to reply to your e-mail address. So unless you have a different e-mail...Thx for your message anyway

tommy4931
23rd Nov 2015, 18:24
I have a friend flying for Xiamen. Very well respected captain for them. He'll help you through the process and give you all the ins and outs of the airline. I was headed out there but things changed here. Visited about a year ago to meet my friend and check out the city. For China, pretty laid back. Short hop to Hong Kong, and they have a couple of international routes also. PM me and I'll give you his info. He's trustworthy and a straight shooter.

Eropa
5th Dec 2015, 06:05
Hi Tommy,
May I please ask for the info on Xiamen airlines that you were sending one of the other users please? I am applying to Xiamen Airlines and would appreciate some firsthand information from somebody who is working there. Much appreciated.
Have an awesome weekend.

tyh1989
6th Dec 2015, 07:40
sounds very well, have you got this job now?

elpollo
7th Dec 2015, 16:20
Hello Tommy,

Would appreciate the same info. Dropped you a PM.

7Q Off
15th Dec 2015, 19:37
What happens if you leave before the end of contract? Do you have any bond?

lollol
16th Dec 2015, 21:34
I have a Xiamen interview next month. Tommy can I get that info also.

tommy4931
17th Dec 2015, 04:40
PM me and I'll get that out to you. He's a great guy, and has been flying with them for years.

Robmeister1978
21st Dec 2015, 11:19
Hi guys,

Seriously thinking about coming to Xiamen and i heard the money you get is what is on the net.

There's not much info about the roster of pilots in Xiamen.

Anybody knows if there are many overnights when flying?

and Tommy sorry to ask as Well but could you send me Some info as Well? Cant Pm you for Some reason.

Thanks A lot!

Sail
26th Dec 2015, 21:28
Hello people

I did apply for Xiamen Airlines. I had a look at the draft copy of the contract and it does say the salary is GROSS but that the airline will take care of taxes etc . Well, still uncertain how much does the pilot effectively get NET per month. If someone from inside could help me out would be great , this is a big change for our lives... you know..

Thank you in advance
Best regards

Sail
27th Dec 2015, 20:00
The remuneration shown is the same as the agencies are showing on their webpages , you can easily check this. Thing is, on the contract it says that salaries shown on ANNEX A ( the annex attached to the contract ) are GROSS and the company will take care of taxation in China.Well, even so, still gross. I am trying to clarify this because as the contract is written they will deduct taxes from the salary they are showing you.

Eropa
14th Jan 2016, 15:10
Hi Tommy,
Would you please PM me that info as well please? Much appreciated.

PILOTHEAD
17th Jan 2016, 14:58
As a current 737 captain already flying in Asia, are they doing any dec 787 hiring? And yes could you pm me the Xiamen process I am definitely interested.

Thanks,

eduelp
22nd Jan 2016, 23:22
I may be interested as well.

On a side note: Are the commuting options actually working with Xiamen or any other operator hiring 737 PICs in China?

makkievld
29th Jan 2016, 21:54
Today I sent my application for Xiamen. Can somebody sent me information about the interview? Thank you.

radarbeaam
26th Jan 2017, 19:52
@tommy4931 can I have your Xiamen friend's contact? I can't PM you. Thx

fmarin82
29th May 2017, 19:33
Hello everyone, i am interested in the Xiamen contract. I am going on holidays to China in September and i am going to stop in Xiamen to see the city. I would really appreciate if any of you who are in Xiamen or know someone from Europe who is there could email me to get to know more about the airline, how they treat their foreign pilots and how is living in the city of Xiamen. My email is [email protected]

Kind Regards

thomasmelb
16th Jun 2017, 04:40
Hi guys,

does anyone have any info on study materials for the chinese atpl?

Is it just an airlaw, or all the other BS that is involved with aussie ATPL? Human factors/flight planning, met, etc?

Any info greatly appreciated.

cheers.

italian stallion
19th Jun 2017, 15:07
Hi Thomas
Unfortunately it's everything , there is a great app you can download from dauntless aviation, most of the questions and answers are there and updated regularly.
Good luck

B777CaptWings
6th Jul 2017, 13:55
Hey guys, has anyone used CAE for Xiamen jobs?

StinkyMonkey
9th Jul 2017, 12:33
Does anyone know if Xiamen is planning on hiring foreign pilots on the 787?

RG500
9th Jul 2017, 19:41
Does anyone know if Xiamen is planning on hiring foreign pilots on the 787?

Probably will never happen.
Current 787 Chinese pilots have been "invited" onto the fleet, meaning they've been chosen.
There has been a yearly (3, now) survey given to select number of the foreign pilots regarding their interest on going onto the fleet, but they have a stringent criteria and have had to have been with the company for 2 years and willing to sign on for a contract extension.

ckcrew
10th Jul 2017, 03:48
Anyone has any idea about the xiamen air SIM profile for hiring?

zxccxz
18th Jul 2017, 15:07
Look the other thread:
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/591842-xiamen-air-b737-contracts.html