PDA

View Full Version : Indonesia One-Stop Rule

QFF
3rd Nov 2015, 07:43
Heard a rumour Indonesia has introduced a new regulation allowing only one transit stop for GA aircraft flying between South East Asia and Australia since October 2015.

I can't seem to find any relevant legislation - any truth to this rumour?

Would need ferry tanks fitted to any aircraft with an endurance of less than 1000nm... (virtually every bugsmasher!)

Global Aviator
3rd Nov 2015, 09:56
it had turned completely crazy.

No longer can you simply CIQ in a port with CIQ to then fly to a non CIQ port. Meaning you can't go direct, you can't go and clear customs, you cannot operate. Must be PK rego! Now with most the PK operators on EU ban then some clients cannot go simple.

Who is the minister for transport? That might answer the question.

As for GA to get to Aus surely that would be allowed, or even 135 you would think of not alighting or dropping pax in Indo. But that is applying g logic?

All I know is a lot of charter companies loosing lots of work and doubt the Indo operators picking it up for the added expense of positioning to KL, HKG, SIN etc just so client can fly to non CIQ port.

Clear as mud?

itsbrokenagain
3rd Nov 2015, 10:45
Its called the Permen 66 rule, came into effect Oct 1.

A lot of operators wrote letters prior to its implementation together with the handlers and nothing, deaf ears. It has put a lot of people out of work on the ground handler side.

For every foreign aircraft whether private or charter you cannot land more than once in Indonesia! Its crazy. Our company owns mines there , all of which are at non CIQ airports, so now all we do is fly to Batam island or Medan and the pax airline from there .

As of today this rule would effect you ferrying to/from Australia where you need multiple stops in Indonesia , even if you are not dropping pax, or if its just 1 pilot on board you cannot land more than once in Indonesia! Even due Intl airport...nope cant do, one landing is all you get.

(http://www.chrisandcin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Summary-of-Indonesian-New-Regulations-on-Flight-Permits-effective-October-01-2015.pdf) this link shows about the ruling (http://www.chrisandcin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Summary-of-Indonesian-New-Regulations-on-Flight-Permits-effective-October-01-2015.pdf)

The rule, last time I checked was written in Indonesian only ! But confirmed it last friday with Colt Intl, still in effect and unlikely to change.

lilflyboy262...2
3rd Nov 2015, 21:57
There is a few operators with caravans parked up that could be put to good use with the FIFO mine operators.
Could be worth a few dollars to them.

Global Aviator
4th Nov 2015, 10:19
Whoops I was wrong not the Transport minister.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susi_Pudjiastuti

Obviously protectionism it its finest. I'm all to protect local operators but this has gone too far. Say KUL to Batam for CIQ then to a mine site does not takeaway business from locals. As previously mentioned most Indonesian operators cannot be used due to the EU ban.

I have no idea how some companies deal with it now? Not charter as previously mentioned to bring an aircraft from HLM to do a charter to a non CIQ near HLM cost prohibitive.

Now all I need is a PK AOC and I'll clean up!