PDA

View Full Version : QF hiring soon thread.

Avinthenews
3rd Nov 2015, 03:33
For those who can and want and Australia base.

Don't miss this golden opportunity to leave CX!

http://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/570014-new-so-positions-qantas.html

cxorcist
3rd Nov 2015, 20:53
If you're under 30 and you don't go, you're nuts.

If you're under 40 and you don't go, you better have good seniority.

This place feels a lot like a sinking ship. My first clue was the deck chair shuffling which is ongoing.

goathead
3rd Nov 2015, 21:32
Any young lad from Downunder who is on HKPA who has a whinge to me about this company and doesn't have an application in , you have been warned....

betpump5
3rd Nov 2015, 23:32
Goathead,

Find an Aussie that doesn't whinge full stop.

I hope every one of them goes back. Then we can restore this airline to its former British Glory.

pill
4th Nov 2015, 00:35
Be sure to wear long sleeves junk pump 5. Helps the colonials in your presence not miss a chance to keep there mouths well and truly shut.
On the topic, I'd apply if my golden hand cuffs were a little closer to be removed. That would be throwing away 15 plus years, command, etc.

Trafalgar
4th Nov 2015, 00:44
Ultimately, a command in this misery pit will be near worthless. If you can go and have 20+ years, living at home and flying for a world reputable company then you will probably not regret it. Unless of course you think things will get SO much better here. :ugh:

giggerty
4th Nov 2015, 01:10
Wasn't it an Australian and an American who started Cathay?

Average Fool
4th Nov 2015, 01:30
Yea, the American to show them how to fly,

and the Ozzie to show them how to whinge.

Trafalgar
4th Nov 2015, 01:49
HAHA....love it !!

Lowkoon
4th Nov 2015, 03:26
Dont Qantas need hours in the log book to apply? i.e. on an aircraft you are rated on? I don't think CX SO time counts. KA FOs and junior captains might qualify as potential candidates.

White None
4th Nov 2015, 03:35
Yea, the American to show them how to fly,

and the Ozzie to show them how to whinge.
Yup. Then the Brits borrowed it, made it better, then flogged it, just like the rest of the world.

Discuss :ok:

Yonosoy Marinero
4th Nov 2015, 04:04
Then the Brits borrowed it, made it better, then flogged it,

Then got beaten at it by everybody else.

#Rugby

AnAmusedReader
4th Nov 2015, 04:23
Sorry Trafalgar but where do you get this from:

QF is "a world reputable company" ???

Not that I disagree with many of the moans about CX but I do find your assessment of QF a little bit rich.

Gnadenburg
4th Nov 2015, 04:35
Find an Aussie that doesn't whinge full stop.

I hope every one of them goes back. Then we can restore this airline to its former British Glory.

Poms haven't been taken seriously in Asia since they left all their guns pointing out to sea with the fall of Singapore.

Trafalgar
4th Nov 2015, 04:39
Well, I find the idea of CX being world reputable far more laughable than Qantas. As an example, I suspect they have a proper contract, first world work rules and enforceable RP's. And that's just for a start.....

Captain Dart
4th Nov 2015, 05:44
...and they are not restricted to a single polluted, slot-limited airport, located in a pimple on the backside of China.

Scoreboard
4th Nov 2015, 10:40
At lowkoon,

Qantas is past the hours requirement if your a line second officer......they believe Cx still has a high standard of recruitment..

Average Fool
4th Nov 2015, 18:13
I'd think long and hard about going to a company that can't impose quick cost cutting measures to stay competitive.

pill
4th Nov 2015, 19:08
Thats why I'm day dreaming about applying. That you Anna?

Lookleft
4th Nov 2015, 20:56
I'd think long and hard about going to a company that can't impose quick cost cutting measures to stay competitive.

Is shutting down an airline overnight quick enough for you? QF has gone through its cost cutting exercise and is, according to its own media releases, in an expansion mode.